HW30s - Does laminate have higher cheek weld? Pellet options?

I've been considering a low powered, carbine sized 177 springer for a while now. All my searches keep taking me back to the HW30 and my only hang up has been what appears to be a low cheek weld position. I seem to require a fairly high cheek weld even when shooting through open sites.

I was looking at the laminate and non-laminate versions on AoA's site. When I hold a straight edge across the top of the CG image it appears that the laminate might have a slightly higher position.

Ideally I'd like to be able to shoot it through the open sites without any sort of aftermarket cheek riser and then add one for use with a scope. 

Two more questions.

At around 6 FPE is there any reason to consider special mounts for this rifle or just use extra dovetail rings I already have?

Also, what are some good pellets to order along with it? I'd like to get 1000 or more inexpensive pellets to shoot through it and then some more premium pellets once I'm ready to get it dialed in.

By the way, this will almost be exclusively used for paper at 27 yards and for taking the occasional starling inside of 15 yards.

Is 27 yards at around 6 FPE outside of the effective range for a 177 wadcutter? Ideally I'd like to find one wadcutter for both paper and Starlings.

I shoot 22 RWS Meisterkugeln's at around 700 FPS at 27 yards but that appears to be the upper end of their range.

My normal R7 stock is good with iron sights, I have a peep off a ten meter gun on it. All the Weihrach rifles leave you without a cheek weld once you scope them. Mine shoots Crosman Premiers and H+N FTTs okay. The Crosmans have occasional fliers that may be solved with sorting. The best are 7.3 JSB or Air Arms. Out to 25 should be okay with wadcutters if you find one it likes. We shot pigeons all the time in our barn growing up (crosman 2100 and daisy 880) and the only pellets we had to choose from were crosman pointed "hunting pellets" and Daisy wadcutters. The wadcutters seemed to always bring the pigeons down faster.

I respectfully disagree regarding the low COMB HEIGHT on ALL the Weihrauchs. The early Goudy inspired stocks were for a low mount scope..R8 picture 1....I used that mount to allow the use of a Bugbuster. I changed it. Mounts are too high.

Picture #2 is my R9. The comb is so high you can't use the factory sights! My HW95L has the same stock. Can't get your eye low enough.

Picture 3 is my wife's R7 1984 era. Our son Weston is shooting it. Nice high comb.

1586456764_21253565415e8f68bc2c9ea5.62407969.jpg
1586456778_8247372635e8f68ca00d683.75671340.jpg
1586456810_19575096335e8f68eaed6304.00131922.JPG

I would use the one piece BKL drooper mounts even on a HW30 to avoid any chance of movement and due to the typical barrel droop associated with Airguns in general to avoid running out of clicks when zeroing. Wadcutters may be pushing it at 27 yards. One of mine loves the cheap black coated Beeman hollowpoints made in China and does fairly well out to 30 yards under a penny a pop. If I need to shoot out to 50 yards I use the Falcon 7.33 or AA 8.44 or don't laugh the Wal-Mart Crosman 7.4 pointed in the tins of 250 band the CPHPs but sorting is necessary unless you buy the Benjamin labeled hollowpoints in the tins of 750. YO!