After returning from a 3 weeks fishing trip last week I’ve been giving the 30 a bit of a hammering with the new JSB pellets. Yesterday I finally took notice of a increasingly annoying stiffness at the near end of the cocking process. I started to think it was galling so I was preparing to take it appart and noticed that the cocking arm was warn on the flat and the paint was gone and the metal was shiny. The arm is making contact with the pin that holds the arm in place when cocking. It’s the one you have to remove if you want to remove the barrel. I applied a liberal amount of molly and all is ok. Still a bit stiff but way better then what is was. I suppose once it reaches a certain point it will stop being stiff.

So today I’m using the 30 to waist some more pellets when a couple of times the rifle fired when touched by my finger. Don’t want a hare trigger so I went to adjust the screw for the trigger pull and you guessed it, it’s gone. Can’t find it anywhere. I left a message at the shop where I bought the rifle, hopefully they may be able to help me, I’ll know more on Monday.

Gary

Christian I’ve been thinking about lemons for a while. It’s disappointing as the rifle once all zeroed in etc is very accurate. I’ve done my warranty as I took it apart, and the missing screw is no biggie really if the shop can’t find one maybe someone on here will have a spare or know where to get one, or I can find something that fits. Like the trigger fix in my Lgv.

I’m still thinking of a Vortek kit for it as this may remove the poi changes during the day. I had poi changes in my 22 Trail once and a new piston seal and ram fixed that. As for the cocking arm rubbing against the pin I figure that after a while it will wear to a point where it no longer touches the pin.

So you see my friend it’s not looking that bad at all.🤞

For what it’s worth. I did change my spring to a Macari. Negligible difference with a Vortek, both very fine products. However, on this particular gun, the stock spring gave about the same performance. Mayyyybe a bit more refined shot cycle. The stock spring was more wobbly, longer, and didn’t inspire confidence, but the gun was always on point. 

Now, I have had the most mundane things affect accuracy. Remember the Carbon Fiber sleeve? I had to remove it. Was spitting pellets all over the place. Took it off, problem solved. 

Oh, no, it did't give a better shot cycle, not at all. The shot cycle was not bad however. The Macari is a "More Better" spring. I do not regret changing it out. I also think that it smooths even more over time (Macari) The gun has given me very little issues. One time I noticed that it was becoming difficult to break, but all it needed was a bit of grease. As much as I use it, it's logical and normal wear. The only POI shifting I can recall has been related to easily identifiable things: I messed with (altered from factory) the Moderator, Tanto, and the pellets were clipping the fine mesh inside the moderator. I added the Carbon Fiber shroud/sleeve, and while it looked very nice, it affected my POI, so off it came and instant fix. When I broke the gun down I did not see any signs of anything rubbing or touching or loose.

I really hope it works out for you. It's a crying shame how difficult it is to get a simple pellet gun in your hands in your country for it only to not be what you expected.

I uesd a spare m8 screw that I use on my Trails when the hex head on the rear stock screw gets too deformed after constant strip downs. It didn’t have the range of adjustability as the original screw had but it stopped the hair trigger. On Friday the shop where I bought my 30 sent me two screws for free so I’ll put one in after this bloody dust storm goes.

With the weather warming up the poi issues are nearly a distant memory. Also after over 3000 pellets (the tins are piling up in the shed) the mechanical noises have disappeared. No more twang, boing or buzz. For the owners that haven’t replaced the factory spring have you experienced the same thing? All I can hear now is mostly the report.

Gary

1567831760_10332148995d7336d0d8dce3.72732261_23DBCAAF-169A-4B60-9BC9-24365D7267F3.jpeg

Don't think I can help on this one. Mine was purchased used and really never had a twang per se. I did change the spring within a few weeks, but that's only because I'm anal like that and wanted the absolute best performance out of the gun I could get. What I can tell you is that the spring the gun came with seemed to be the original and compared to the Macari, it looked like it needed to be changed, but functioned like it did not need to be changed. If I had to do it all over again....I would still change it, that's just what I do, and I think I got a marginal improvement out of it. 

My little 30 has developed a rub of the cocking arm and it’s getting worse. Its on the pin that you have to tap out when you remove the barrel. I have put some molly on it but it doesn’t last long. I’ve just yesterday started a new tin of pellets so that makes it 6000 plus. Does anyone know if this is normal after this many pellets? The rifle itself was brand new when I bought it so I suppose it could be ware and tare. You can feel the metal on metal when at the near end of the cocking stroke.

Gary

Wayne I’m thinking the pivot operation is out of whack. I’m kind of fed up with this rifle anyhow, my Trails caused me issues but I could fix those. This little 30 has been a whole new experience. It’s going to the back of the safe, I won’t trade it cause it wouldn’t be fair to dump this lemon on someone else. Maybe someday I’ll take it apart again and go over everything but for now it’s going into solitary confinement.

Now I’ll have to start looking for another plinker.😊

Gary

Wayne no worries, I have been looking at the Diana 340 N..TEC Premium. Steve from AEAC did a full review on one back in 2016 and it was in 177 cal. I’m not a big fan of 177 and prefer 22 cal. but this rifle was punching out some great numbers in Steve’s review I recall. Diana states that in 22 cal it runs at 740fps and the numbers Steve was achieving were very close to Diana’s stated 177 cal. numbers.

Christian I was thinking of returning it but there are so many hoops to jump through in Aus with regard to firearm laws. It’s not worth the hassle. 

I will just have to make up my mind on the calibre. The stock really appeals to me. Now I have to talk the missus into it. 

Gary

Wayne our Australian firearm laws prohibit the sale of firearms unless you go through a registered buyer seller (gun shop etc), this includes parts. Some parts you could sell like the piston seal but anything that could be used to make a firearm is prohibited.

Gary

How hard is it to own a firearm versus an airgun in Australia? Technically, an airgun isn't a firearm. If airguns are easier to obtain, and possess, in Australia that tells me the Australian law doesn't quite treat airguns the same as firearms.