• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Hw30 Vortek PG4 + Short Stroke Piston seal

You Sir, win the prize! The seal I was sent is in fact 26mm! I called Vortek and after a few questions, he realized that I was sent the wrong seal & has a 25mm on the way.

The original seal was yellowish plastic/rubber material, not leather. He is also sending a spring w/2 additional coils that i can shorten, if needed. Not sure who I talked to, but he knew his stuff and they just made an honest mistake, and are fixing it!
I was thinking the same on the 25 or 26mm seal when you described your fit issues. Mycapt65 gives sound advice. Looking forward to a report as the proper parts break in.

Reactions: HPP-Mechanic
I installed a Vortek PG4 kit today in a 1983 Beeman R7. I also got the recommended piston seal, but it was so tight that I ended up putting the original back in. I have an unimpressive 444fps w/7.9g pellet... I think I was sent the wrong parts...
If it's a pre safety it has a longer cylinder and you need to add spacing. About .300 or .350. You could measure and see where it coil binds. If you want full power.

If it's a pre safety it has a longer cylinder and you need to add spacing. About .300 or .350. You could measure and see where it coil binds. If you want full power.
Interesting. I never knew that about the pre safety guns. I stand corrected about the springs. Although missing 0.350 preload wouldn't account for all the missing velocity in this particular rifle.

Obviously you're more familiar with the pre-saftey Beemans than I am. Were any of them leather piston sealed? I was under the impression all the Beeman Weihrauch imports were synthetic sealed guns.

So far, I've been enjoying shooting my bone stock(except for the Corcoran stock) Beeman R7 just as it is.

IMG-7398.jpg
R7 50 yards.jpg

LOL!....friggin amazing
Thanks. It's friggin hysterical too. Takes so long for the pellet to get there and then there's a noticeable sound delay between the seeing impact movement and hearing the tink sound of two whopping pounds of energy.
At Sean Gabrells range I went fifteen in a row on a 4" square junction block cover at 102 yards. Great guns, by far my favorites.