• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch HW30 or Beeman R7

As described so well above, current R7's and HW 30's are mechanically identical. But note, the basic HW 30 design has been around since the 1960's, and over the years has seen many internal changes and different variants. Which is to say, if you buy an older used gun you may be seeing something a bit different than a new one.

My R7, for example, is from the 90's, when Dr. Beeman still ran things. It has the so-called "Goudy" stock which covers the breech block, and has hand-cut checkering and a slight palm swell. KWK's and c801td's pics above also show this version, which is considered collectible. But it doesn't shoot any better than the new ones, which are VERY nice in their own right.

IMG_4304.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: PEP3 and Mycapt65
As described so well above, current R7's and HW 30's are mechanically identical. But note, the basic HW 30 design has been around since the 1960's, and over the years has seen many internal changes and different variants. Which is to say, if you buy an older used gun you may be seeing something a bit different than a new one.

My R7, for example, is from the 90's, when Dr. Beeman still ran things. It has the so-called "Goudy" stock which covers the breech block, and has hand-cut checkering and a slight palm swell. KWK's and c801td's pics above also show this version, which is considered collectible. But it doesn't shoot any better than the new ones, which are VERY nice in their own right.

View attachment 410765
Nice gun Mike. I like the stock and the early side dovetailed front sight. I'm surprised to see that sight on a 90s R7. I thought they went out in the 80s with the presaftey models. Guess that shows what I know about the earlier guns. You're always a wealth of valuable information.

Be well
Ron

Reactions: MDriskill