• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW100 Thumhole .22 shot count

Asking the experts here about what I should expect as a shot count with this configuration.
I just received a new HW100 Thumbhole PCP .22 cal with the 50 Joule rating. According to HW site, the 50 Joule should net about 30 shots, at least according to their updated chart.
I'm currently seeing about 14 shots before the Manometer is hitting yellow. I'm filling it to 200 bar according to both my Air Venturi ROV Air compressor as well as the Mano on the HW. I also have a new HW100 KT Laminate that is shooting about 36 shots before hitting the yellow. Both are using JSB Jumbos 15.89 GR pellets. The HW100 T was chrono'd by AOA using the same pellets at just under 34ft lbs. AOA is suggesting the regulator needs adjusting to get the shot count up. Before I send my new gun back to AOA for recalibration, I wanted to see if anyone else has the HW100 full size .22 cal and what you are seeing. I am planning on chrono graphing the rifle this evening to get better data.
The Air cylinder is .175L and is the same size as the TK model. According to AOA that is the larger Air Cylinder that HW supplies with their FAC models; both the full size and carbines.
I'm wondering if there is something else at play here; other than a regulator adjustment that is needed.

Thanks in advance

I get about 30 in 22.

me 035.jpg

So I got to chrono the HW100 T this evening. Shot JSB Jumbo Diabolo 15.89 gr and 14 shot count yielded 1000 fps and 35ft lbs. I could send 20 shots before velocities dropped off. Same goes for the JSB Jumbo Heavy Diabolo 18.13 gr. 14 shots yielded 954fps and 36 ft lbs. Again 20 shots then velocity dropped.
Seems like shot counts are off from HW advertised. AOA is recommending to adjust down regulator to lower velocity and increase shot counts.
Looks like I may be sending this back to AOA for repair. UGH

Reactions: oledawg
Hi Gilberca,
Ok so it sounds like your reg is a bit high and 20 shots is not as nice as 30, sure, but if u can get through 2 mags (14x2) between refills, and if those shots are ACCURATE, do u really need to change it?
If u really want 30ish shots and you’re happy to loose some FPS, then go for it, but if not, then I’d say just leave it as is.
What does sound fishy is the part about carbines (K) having the same size cylinders as the normal (full) size rifles. If you look at the Weihrauch website the carbines clearly have smaller cylinders then the normal ones… 🤔
I used to have a HW100T in .20cal FAC. It was an amazing rifle and I used to get 2 mags of good shots before needing to top up with air. Unfortunately I needed to sell it and I really miss it 😞.

IMG_7017.png

This thread might be of some help regarding confusion about cylinder sizing:

Reactions: Gilberca
I dug through my papers and found one chrony run on mine. I thought that there were more but I can't find them. What I have written down is closer to what you got, no matter what the gauge reading might be. Twenty shots, beginning at 965 fps, peaked at 975 and shot 20 was 962. Shot 21 was 946 fps and I had stopped there. I had failed to note any pressures as I was primarily concerned with getting trajectory figures at the time.

I had the rifle out Monday afternoon shooting it, five consecutive 5 shot groups at 50 yards averaged 1/2" with the JSB 18s, whatever the velocity it's shooting at now. So 25 shots were close enough in speed to group well at 50 yards.

Sorry if my info might not be of any help to you; I am still very pleased with mine. I know that they don't have a large reservoir but it's still more than enough for a prolonged squirrel hunt and the rifle's superb accuracy is just wonderful. Very quiet too, just plickt and dead squirrel.

So I got to chrono the HW100 T this evening. Shot JSB Jumbo Diabolo 15.89 gr and 14 shot count yielded 1000 fps and 35ft lbs. I could send 20 shots before velocities dropped off. Same goes for the JSB Jumbo Heavy Diabolo 18.13 gr. 14 shots yielded 954fps and 36 ft lbs. Again 20 shots then velocity dropped.
Seems like shot counts are off from HW advertised. AOA is recommending to adjust down regulator to lower velocity and increase shot counts.
Looks like I may be sending this back to AOA for repair. UGH
I would say they are correct; it's shooting too hot. The good news, both the reg and HST adjustment are very easy on the HW100. Like many European rifles, it was designed around their lower power standards. I tuned my .177 down to 12 fpe, and although I'm not sure of the regulated shot count, it's over 80. I've since tuned it back to around 16 fpe, and I think the count is now around 40.

Reactions: boscoebrea
Hi Gilberca,
Ok so it sounds like your reg is a bit high and 20 shots is not as nice as 30, sure, but if u can get through 2 mags (14x2) between refills, and if those shots are ACCURATE, do u really need to change it?
If u really want 30ish shots and you’re happy to loose some FPS, then go for it, but if not, then I’d say just leave it as is.
What does sound fishy is the part about carbines (K) having the same size cylinders as the normal (full) size rifles. If you look at the Weihrauch website the carbines clearly have smaller cylinders then the normal ones… 🤔
I used to have a HW100T in .20cal FAC. It was an amazing rifle and I used to get 2 mags of good shots before needing to top up with air. Unfortunately I needed to sell it and I really miss it 😞.

View attachment 372114
I don't plan on using the HW100 for hunting; but rather for targets and I would like to have a 28 shot capable system. Right now, that's not the case. Based on the comments and my further research, my HW100 T needs to be adjusted so I can get an acceptable shot count. I'll be contacting AOA later today to make arrangements for shipment back to them for adjustment. I just received the rifle and although I'm technically capable of performing the teardown and adjustment, it's a brand new gun and I don't want to kill the warranty just yet.

I don't plan on using the HW100 for hunting; but rather for targets and I would like to have a 28 shot capable system. Right now, that's not the case. Based on the comments and my further research, my HW100 T needs to be adjusted so I can get an acceptable shot count. I'll be contacting AOA later today to make arrangements for shipment back to them for adjustment. I just received the rifle and although I'm technically capable of performing the teardown and adjustment, it's a brand new gun and I don't want to kill the warranty just yet.
You can ask them about warranty implications. I don't think you will have a problem. If you talk to them first, I think they will take care of you on any potential warranty issue. But I understand your point regarding an issue on a new rifle.

Update from 2 August:
It seems like AOA finally got around to evaluating my low shot count and barrel band issue on Monday and have detuned it in order to increase shot count to 30 but at the cost of power rating. They said it is making 27 Ft/lbs and 30 shots. (Factory spec is like 37 ft/lbs and 30 shots) so not sure how that squares. My gun is stamped 50J rating. They also corrected the Air cylinder/barrel band alignment issue and are supposed to ship it back to me today or tomorrow.
Hoping I get it back without any additional issues. At this point, I'm not overly impressed with turnaround time from AOA. They had the gun on 19 July and waited until 1 August to address. Guess they are really backed up with repairs. They actually had the gun longer that it was in my possession. Full disclosure: I noted to them that I would be away from 23 July-31 July and to not ship the repaired gun back until after 27 July.