• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch HW100 T .22 Air Cylinder/Barrel Band orientation

Besides a low shot count from the dealer, I noticed that the PCP air cylinder is not oriented correctly. It appears that the ends are reversed (manometer end should be at the receiver end and vise versa). I called AOA and ask Jacob to check their in-stock full size rifles to see the bulge was under the barrel band and that was the case.
Beginning to think my rifle was made on a Friday. If any of you have an HW100 full size rifle can you verify if the air cylinder bulge is under the barrel band in your case?

Thanks. 20230712_133326.jpg

This is nothing to worry about, IMO. If any support is needed for the barrel at this point (which is debatable), it comes from the bottom of the band at its mechanical attachment to the stock. One could argue that any contact with the cylinder is not only unnecessary, but possibly harmful to consistent barrel harmonics. Perhaps it is a more purposeful design feature for the fully shrouded barrel models. It is a great rifle, enjoy.

This is nothing to worry about, IMO. If any support is needed for the barrel at this point (which is debatable), it comes from the bottom of the band at its mechanical attachment to the stock. One could argue that any contact with the cylinder is not only unnecessary, but possibly harmful to consistent barrel harmonics. Perhaps it is a more purposeful design feature for the fully shrouded barrel models. It is a great rifle, enjoy.
Its just odd that the other models of the HW100 have the cylinder bulge oriented at the barrel band. Maybe Weihrauch decided to cut mfg costs by using only one configuration of the .175L cylinder for all their models. Guess I need to stop being so anal about this kinda stuff and enjoy the rifle.

All of the photos that show up on a Google image search have the ridge on the cylinder inside the band.
I've noticed that too, although again, I don't see that it should make a difference. I believe I remember reading that AOA requests the same air cylinder on all their HW100s, both carbine and full-length models. Maybe this means that the bulge will not be oriented under the barrel band on some models.

I think some bottles came reversed, New person on the production line assembled backwards or setup for Carbine/Bullpup length, no matter which direction it will work fine, you could switch end cap around if you wanted to,
My rifle is on its way back to AOA since its newly purchased. I sent it back initially for a low shot count and then added the issue with the air cylinder not being properly oriented to the barrel band. As I understand from earlier comments, the barrel band orientation doesn't make much of a difference, but its my OCD that's kicked in on this one. I want the correct orientation at least from the start. Plus I would think a 3000psi air bottle should have support at its far end.

Reactions: KatoKevin454
as for shot count I get about 60 good power shots with my .22 cal HW100T, I tuned it to 780 fps with the regulator set at 90 bar, factory settings can fluctuate, my Bullpup .22 came set at 150 bar and was shooting 1170 fps, I dialed it back to the same settings as my HW100T, my .20 cal is set to the same specs as the others, I use JSB 18's and Crosman hp's or domes in my .22's, in my .20 cal I use JSB 13.73's, extremely Accurate.
as for tools and parts I use D & L Airgun in Canada, they send quick and prices are fair.

as for shot count I get about 60 good power shots with my .22 cal HW100T, I tuned it to 780 fps with the regulator set at 90 bar, factory settings can fluctuate, my Bullpup .22 came set at 150 bar and was shooting 1170 fps, I dialed it back to the same settings as my HW100T, my .20 cal is set to the same specs as the others, I use JSB 18's and Crosman hp's or domes in my .22's, in my .20 cal I use JSB 13.73's, extremely Accurate.
as for tools and parts I use D & L Airgun in Canada, they send quick and prices are fair.
I assume you adjusted both the Regulator pressure and Hammer spring tension on the HW100 T? In my reading, it looks like just dialing up or down the hammer spring has a narrow adjustment range before loosing accuracy at the expense of power. You have to adjust Regulator as well. Correct me if I'm wrong on this one.

Reactions: KatoKevin454
You are correct, I adjusted both, not the easiest to do but it's not the hardest, to adjust the regulator you have to disassemble the gun partially, remove from the stock and remove the back portion of the receiver, 2 bolt in front of the trigger assembly, regulator is the large hex Grub style screw in front of the trigger assembly, turning clockwise is more pressure, counterclockwise is lower pressure, it is best to have a pressure gauge to set pressure accurately, gauge port is the small grub screw in the middle on the bottom of the receiver block just in front of the Cylinder port, you can purchase a test gauge from https://hw100tuning.co.uk/,
to adjust the hammer, remove the gun from the stock and remove the back cover to access the hammer, be careful not to slide the hammer too far out of the receiver block, loosen the locking grub screws on the side or end of the hammer, there might be more than one, turn center adjuster screw clockwise for more power, counterclockwise for less power, firing can be done out of the stock, just be very careful, best to use a clamp or a vise to hold the gun while adjusting hammer, once set, re-tighten the locking grub screws snuggly but not too tight, unload and re-assemble gun.

Reactions: Gilberca
Gilberca, you are correct in noting the need to adjust the reg and HST together. And don't worry if you don't have a gauge. You are looking for balance in your tune, at a given velocity. The HST and reg settings are variables, not givens, and they both end up at certain levels, based on achieving balance at a certain velocity or power level. Generally speaking, you want to end up in the 95-97% of maximum velocity based on HST, at any reg setting. So if you're looking for a velocity with a specific pellet of 800 fps, then the max HST should yield around 835. If the maximum HST yields 900, then you know you need to back down the reg. It's a reasonably intuitive process, but be prepared to make several adjustments to reach a good balance at your desired velocity.

Reactions: Gilberca
You must have magic fairy dust sprinkled allover your HW100. 60 shots in a .22 just shy of 25fpe with standard 175cc cylinder is remarkable to say the least...

You must have magic fairy dust sprinkled allover your HW100. 60 shots in a .22 just shy of 25fpe with standard 175cc cylinder is remarkable to say the least...
I'm shoot past the regulator drop off, I shoot from 3000 to 1000 psi most of the time, or a little more, oh and I forgot to mention my .22 bullpup now has a larger aluminum cylinder I bought off Ebay
Sorry

Last edited:
Reactions: oOmpH