HW100 SK .22 - 100 YD with the Air Arms 16 gr Fields

Actually 97 YD lased to target. Shot off a tripod, and I do not have the best of shooting form.

Got really good results yesterday in the 20-50YD ranges hittin spinners. Got an average 849FPS (SD 3.55, ES 13, median 848, n=26) over the chronograph. First bout of target and chrono work is found in a post I made couple weeks ago.

A measured CTC of 2.8". That's pretty good. Is that pretty good? Gave a 5MIL hold. Chairgun spit out a table with a 5.48 dot hold over at 100YD, so that dope is good nuf for now. Have mounted an Optisan CP 3-12X32 MH-10 SFP set at 10X.

This HW100 was shooting right up there with a RAW .25 and NSA 26.8gr'ers. Don't know how I should feel about that.

IMG_9550.1630995221.JPG

Below are the sighter cards I shot prior to shooting for record. What is throwing me off are the JSB Hvy mkIIs I sent through the RAW, which I can usually get to group <= 2 inches, and kinda soured my attitude for the rest of the shoot. Anyway, with the HW100 had no expectations, but was pleasantly surprised it did this well. Thank you for the reassurance.

IMG_9551.1631040872.JPG

Am like one of a few new HW100 owners this summer that have posted here, and yeah I must say I am impressed. Impressed not with just what I can do in the yard, but I can walk down the road and shoot some hundreds also? That's the bomb. I took a look and these are no longer on sale at AoA, so I got mine just under the wire. Shudder to think I'd ever missed out on this rifle quibbling over the price.

These are great rifles that don't get enough attention. They are robust, excellent quality of material and assembly, and the modular design makes servicing relatively easy. I sold a .22 carbine to a friend, just had too many similar rifles, but I kept a laminate carbine in .177. In the shorter carbine version, the .177 seems to be an excellent application, as the shorter barrel still allows velocities as high as I need. I expect the design was focused on the more standard 12 fpe European market. At the FAC power level, it is neither a powerhouse nor huge in shot count, but neither matter for my use. Great trigger, although they don't explain the sear engagement adjustment, which I found my rifle needed. I don't know if the silencer is bonded in Germany or at the US distributor, but that's a bit of a pain, although it comes off easy enough with heat. It is typical of most German rifles, perhaps more complicated than others, but everything works so well, hard to find fault with it.