HW100 or PRO SPORT? Need a quiet air riflle

I was set on another spring air rifle like a air arms pro sport but for the price I could get a second hand hw100 pcp in .22 and a get a handpump.

I need a very quiet air rifle to shoot pests especially at night its quiet so i don't want to bother the neighbours.

Should I get a pro sport or a hw100? Any pros and cons. I've read pcp can be expensive because you need to buy a air tank and refill it. What if I just buy a hand pump, will I need anything else like a air tank or go to the shop to refill it.

I won't shoot it much. Il only be getting it out to shoot pests if I spot them so I won't be a daily shooter. Il only shoot maybe once a month

Last edited:
If quiet is what you're looking for they don't get much more quiet than a HW100!
My .22 is mouse fart quiet and extremely accurate with a sublime trigger. And a hand pump is a work out but if your not shooting it regularly it's a no brainer!
Il shoot it rarely. Maybe once or twice a month for a few shots if I spot a pest. I think the hw100 would be the best option too.

Do you use a hand pump aswell? How hard would it be to pump it.

Is the HW100 that you saw a .177 or .22? How long is the barrel? High power or low power version?

Mine is a .22 high power with the shortest barrel. It is loud but with a moderator, it is quiet. I have designated this PCP as my rat gun.

We all started with hand pump, but the more you shoot and get into this sport, you will be looking to buy a compressor.

You can look me up in my Youtube channel if you want to see my HW100T in action. Air Rifle Pestings.

Reactions: maxtrouble
Is the HW100 that you saw a .177 or .22? How long is the barrel? High power or low power version?

Mine is a .22 high power with the shortest barrel. It is loud but with a moderator, it is quiet. I have designated this PCP as my rat gun.

We all started with hand pump, but the more you shoot and get into this sport, you will be looking to buy a compressor.

You can look me up in my Youtube channel if you want to see my HW100T in action. Air Rifle Pestings.
The normal one not the bullpup one
Sub 12 ft and .22 calibre
Is the hw100k noticeably louder than the hw100 even with the silencer

Last edited:
Ifen your only shooten a couple time;s a month?id go with the Pro Sport in 5.5mm"Just cock it when ya use it" the 100 is way more power"more for longer distant.These guys came to the party 50 yards plus"

crow party.jpg

I have an HW100K carbine in .177. It was sold as an FAC level 20 fpe rifle, but I tuned it down to around 11 fpe. It is extremely quiet, and I promise that your neighbors will not hear it. Shot count is 80+ at this power level, although I'm not sure that your rifle will have the same air cylinder. I have an HW97 spring gun that is also a sub 12 fpe rifle, and the HW100 is definitely quieter, as well as more accurate and a better trigger. If the cost difference isn't an issue, I would definitely suggest the HW100 is the better choice for you.

Reactions: thumper