• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW100 Bullpup Carbine Chrony Results

My HW100 BPC is on the way back to AOA. At about 600 rounds it turned into a shotgun. At 12 yards I can barely cover the groups with a softball. I was unable to identify root cause.

• Barrel
    • Cleaned with Gamo felt pellets when inaccuracy started
    • Barrel is tight and not loose
    • Barrel has not rotated
    • Barrel has a mirror finish inside, rifling is clean and clear
    • Rifle grooves end at the crown
    • No weird crown/barrel issues seen
    • Tight to the barrel
    • No increase in noise
    • No baffle/washer strikes
    • No sign of impact
  • Breach Seal
    • No puff of air
    • Chrony results show less than 10 FPS max deviation
    • Chrony results normal for 14.3gr CPD
  • Pellets
    • Tried 3 different tins of 14.3gr CPD
    • Prior same tins of 14.3gr CPD were nearly hole-in-hole groups
  • Scope
    • Returned 3-9x30mm UTG BugBuster
    • Replaced with 3x18x50mm Monstrum
  • Magazine
    • Free of obstructions and clear
    • Index and rotates properly
    • Both magazines produce inaccuracy issues

Searching for 'HW100 inaccurate' shows many stories similar to mine where an accurate HW100 suddenly turned into a shotgun. I cannot find any symptoms for the root cause. AOA is checking it out and I will likely exchange it for a Daystate Huntsman Regal or Brocock Concept Lite. It's very odd as my father owns the non-BPC HW100 in .22 and has zero accuracy issues. I have no idea what would produce such an effect.

Kudos to AOA -- the PCP is around 30 days old and they sent a return shipping label. I have been consistently impressed with the quality of service from AOA. I'm eager to hear what they find.

I'm shooting a Daystate Pulsar while the HW-100 is making it's way back to AOA. I can at least rule out the most frustrating part of it all -- "Is it just me!?!" -- I am shooting 10 for 10 on the 55 yard 20mm spinner with the Pulsar. The wife OK'd the purchase and my father, CharlieF, sold it to me for a great price. He had it up in the classifieds and I'm glad it never sold!

Honestly based on the experiences I've seen search-dorking I'm a little turned off with the HW-100. I've never before in my life seen anything like this unless the barrel is just shot out. It's got great grooves and a mirror finish. I'm legitimately dumbfounded as to what the issue can be.

I sold off a Concept Lite bolt action that worked quite well since I'm a one-gun type of guy (beware the man with one gun!). So I'm on the fence between swapping out the HW-100 BPC with a Concept Lite XR or just going the Huntsman Regal route.

AOA has been very kind and understanding so far. I'm eager to hear whatever they have to say as I was unable to rule out the root cause of the inaccuracy. To make matters worse the rifle was spot-on accurate for the first 600 rounds or so only to give up the accuracy ghost with no discernable reason as to why.

I made these HW100 .22 Magazines this morning, they work great, printed on my new Creality Ender 3 pro 3D printer using Cura slicing program, got the magazine file from Thingyverse and used their profile..... O-ring is a #216

IMG_0693.1633117326.jpg
IMG_0694.1633117327.jpg

One magazine versus another, 12 yards

Whoa, that's discouraging. You think you have problems with the magazine feeding your BP? Can you hand feed? I know kinda tough though.

I got a third OEM mag cause my SK .22 shoots the full 42 rds. No problems, can't tell a difference between them. Have taken COMY and SPDO at 105 and 75YDS, practically from the hip. Easily a couple thousand rounds through already, since receiving six weeks ago, based on 3 mags minimum per day (42 squared).

The BP is built on the 110 block, I think. (wrong). Have a you thought about getting an HW100?

I think I am done with HW — it’s 30 days old with about 600 pellets through it. No PCP I have owned ever with a diet of CPDs behaves like this. I can’t do any more experimenting as it is enroute to AOA where I plan to exchange it for a Concept Lite XR.

That said the cocking action and trigger and fit/finish on the HW-100 BPC is exceptional. I have no idea as the barrel had a mirror finish with a bore flashlight after 14 rounds of felt pellets. Every PCP I own gets the same treatment — 500 rnds and two felt pellets. Never been an issue even upwards of 8K-10K rounds. If the HW-100 BPC requires a deep cleaning after 500 rounds it is off my dinner plate :)

Will update this thread when I hear back from AOA esp if the root cause is discovered.

I wanted to close the loop on this thread -- AOA swapped the HW100 BPC at my request for a Daystate Renegade in .177; it shows up today and I am looking forward to pairing it with my Pulsar in .22.

To those with HW100's that are tack-drivers that's most excellent but I've decided to go an alternative way that allows me to change the moderator without a blowtorch. All HW100's I have shot are loud as compared to a shrouded barrel with a DonnyFL.

The air rifle showed up in the hard case from Airguns of Arizona and it is fantastic. I got the scope installed yesterday and have zeroed it and it is extremely accurate with the Crossman Premier HPs. I am consistently hitting my 20 mm spinning target at 50 yards. I reach over with my left hand to cock the rifle; it only takes two fingers and the cocking effort is minimal but is slightly more pronounced then with the pulsar which I can do with one finger. Airguns of Arizona went above and beyond and installed a lithium energizer 9 V battery as well not some junk.

All in all I am very happy. I put a Tatsu on it. My Pulsar had a Shogun. Night and day difference in noise and loudness with the HW100 BPC and the Renegade.

7EEBC6A2-694A-4088-B36E-F5DF9AD41F54.1635520893.jpeg
DE01ECD0-DFF6-45A1-8421-E180E0EF65F6.1635520895.jpeg
6FC0D16B-D4A0-418E-A79E-8C176CED27F9.1635520896.jpeg
A97E857C-784A-4E27-918E-FDF223A059A3.1635520898.jpeg
put

I've also got the HW100 Carbine.

Overall, I like it. It is a bit louder than many of my other guns. I've swapped suppressors from gun to gun, with little help. I should note that my suppressor collection is limited to shorter models, to help keep the overall gun length short. 0dB, Tatsu, Huma, and the original long Weihrauch suppressor that is he loudest of the bunch.

No trouble yet with my HW100.

Mike

I tried a Tatsu on my HW100K, but the Weihrauch suppressor is definitely quieter. Interesting that our results differ. I wonder if they use a different suppressor on the BP version?

From an earlier posted photo @LMNOP made showing the internals of his suppressor, seems to match what mine contains on an HW100 SK .22 41cm bbl. Pleased with the level of suppression on mine, I have not given serious thought to trying a different suppressor. Anyway, too bad the BP didn't work out and hope @LMNOP the Daystate gets you to where you wanted with the HW. ATB.