• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch HW100 250 bar conversion

I have an HW110 .22.

When tuned to shoot 15.89g pellets at 895fps it got about 40 shots on the regulator.

I’ve since tuned it to 16.5 ft/lbs. It gets 90 to 95 shots on the regulator shooting 14.35g pellets at 720fps. It falls off the regulator so gradually that I can easily get over 100 usable shots for 30 to 35 yard target shooting.

So, whether your upgrade is “worth it” depends a bit on the power level that you will run the rifle at and the number of shots per fill that you require. Other benefits to your upgrade would include a lighter weight rifle.

I have found my rifle to work best accuracy-wise at lower power levels. I believe that the HW100/ HW110 rifles were designed for the European sub 12 ft/lb market… and were later adapted to shoot at higher power levels.

Keep us posted on your results.

EPG,
thanks for your thoughts. I agree with you about the intent of the gun, it's one of the reasons I bought it and not an FX. I know it will smack rock chucks out to 100 yds, but I just want it to practice my offhand shooting in the garage. So I'll do what you did and down tune it a bit to get them all in one hole and be as efficient as I can with the air use. I had read that guys were getting double the shot count, and so if I can go 100 - 120 shots between fills I'm a happy guy.

I'll keep you all posted on my progress.

Greg

Reactions: Str8tshooter