• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning HW100 .177 tuning back up to 20+fpe ?

about to aquire a new to me hw100 in .177. it has been turned down to around 12fpe and i'd like to get it back up to 20+fpe with jsb 10.34 pellets and try other projectiles in various weights...pellets and slugs.

i have read some topics on tuning this rifle and it talks about the anti-tamper device....is this device installed to keep any adjustments from being done with the power output, up or down ??

if so, then it must have been removed to turn it down ?? i have no clue about it so any information on tuning this rifle is greatly appreciated !!!

thank you folks !

No anti-tamper if it was originally a FAC gun. 

You'll need a regulator tester to do this right. The reg will need setup at around 120BAR or maybe higher, and the hammer spring turned up. 

These guns aren't the greatest at full wide open 20fpe power. Shot count suffers and the firing cycle isn't as dead. 

I'd suggest instead shooting for around 15fpe with 8.4gr pellets. Mine was much nicer this way, and was able to use a shorter 410mm barrel and keep a decent shot count. 

If you don't take any of this seriously at all, at least take note of this part: You will need a regulator tester. Get it from BestFittings in the UK. 

Have fun, they are excellent guns. 

I have an HW100 .177 that I recently tuned down to a bit under 12 fpe. I lowered the reg set point by 3/4 turn. I don't have a tester, so I don't know the original set point. I think it's now around 90 bar. Maybe that will give you some general reference information. I just lowered the reg, then adjusted the HST to see what the max was at that reg setting, figuring I wanted to be 95-97% of max.The second adjustment put me where I wanted. Good luck. It's a great rifle.

HW100's are great rifles, My favorite, I was thinking of Dialing my .20 cal down to 12 fpe, it's perfect for Critters and increased shot count is a bonus, Might do the same to one of my .22's,

I had 5 but sold 2, don't mind the Brocock in the picture.

HW100s 2.1648741201.jpg
IMG_0747.1648741201.jpg

HW100's are great rifles, My favorite, I was thinking of Dialing my .20 cal down to 12 fpe, it's perfect for Critters and increased shot count is a bonus, Might do the same to one of my .22's,

I had 5 but sold 2, don't mind the Brocock in the picture.

View attachment 201355
Kato, please tell me about that scope on the wood-stocked version you have there.