HW 95N Walnut Stock

After seeing a post by another member of his fancy looking HW95N, I thought....gotta get me one. So, I ordered one and asked them to pick me out a really nice one that I could show on the forum. They said they would pick me out something special. Here's what I received.
At first I thought....must be a mistake and they sent a Beech Luxus. I'm still not sure if it isn't one. What I am sure of is for $663.00 ....it's definitely NOT worth the extra money. It's going back immediately. What a joke!! Do yourself a favor and pass on this overpriced POS!

20240202_160617.jpg

20240202_160644.jpg

Well John it is Walnut, but looks nothing like the one you are referring to. They may have picked out the nicest one they had, I never win the wood lottery. When I saw the photos on AoA I thought the same, looks like beech. The one you received is better than the photo I saw but no where near the beauty of the one you are referring to.

When you send it back, will AOA relist it as new? Just curious.
They might. I think this one was a return. The box was torn like someone was stuffing a rifle in without opening the box.
I did get a response from AOA. The guy says that it is Walnut and one of the nicest looking ones he's seen.
I was hoping for one like this one posted here previously. Now that's pretty and well worth a premium cost.

IMG_0082.jpeg.jpg

IMG_0083.jpeg.jpg

I feel you bro. I don't like leaving my money in the hands of someone I don't know and or mostly don't care or know what your increased level of expextations should procure. If it were me I would go with a custom gunstock business with favorable ratings. It may cost alittle more but at least your dealing with people that understand what you want and try to deliver a favorable transaction.

Well John it is Walnut, but looks nothing like the one you are referring to. They may have picked out the nicest one they had, I never win the wood lottery. When I saw the photos on AoA I thought the same, looks like beech. The one you received is better than the photo I saw but no where near the beauty of the one you are referring to.
i never win the stock lotto either so i end up buying custom stocks.... luck of the draw...

Reactions: maxtrouble
After seeing a post by another member of his fancy looking HW95N, I thought....gotta get me one. So, I ordered one and asked them to pick me out a really nice one that I could show on the forum. They said they would pick me out something special. Here's what I received.
At first I thought....must be a mistake and they sent a Beech Luxus. I'm still not sure if it isn't one. What I am sure of is for $663.00 ....it's definitely NOT worth the extra money. It's going back immediately. What a joke!! Do yourself a favor and pass on this overpriced POS!

View attachment 431399

View attachment 431400
Yea I was going to order one yesterday when I bought my HW30. Glad I did not. I also have no luck in the wood lottery.

i never win the stock lotto either so i end up buying custom stocks.... luck of the draw...
Funny, I recently bought a cs700 for my HW98 and rink grips for my Izzy, selected deluxe wood option for both. Neither one compared to many of the pictures I've seen. Even custom stocks are only as nice as the wood on hand.

View attachment 431399

View attachment 431400
Maybe if you strip the stock on your 663 dollar rifle maybe you might have some figure under that muddy finish. Lol

They might. I think this one was a return. The box was torn like someone was stuffing a rifle in without opening the box.
I did get a response from AOA. The guy says that it is Walnut and one of the nicest looking ones he's seen.
I was hoping for one like this one posted here previously. Now that's pretty and well worth a premium cost.

View attachment 431480

View attachment 431481
I was the lucky guy who got the HW95N with the above stock.
I really like it although I was hoping for deep tiger stripes.
I would immediately send that rifle back as well.
That is misrepresentation for certain.
Hopefully KingFisher will get a better one than that after the return.
Wouldn’t it be cool if AOA could set out all the rifles when the shipment arrives and then take pictures of the stocks with numbers by them.
Then put the photos on the website and let the race begin!
Since the write up boasts about the walnut, why not show the wood?
It wouldn’t take long to do, and it would be fun for the customer and save on returns.

I was the lucky guy who got the HW95N with the above stock.
I really like it although I was hoping for deep tiger stripes.
I would immediately send that rifle back as well.
That is misrepresentation for certain.
Hopefully KingFisher will get a better one than that after the return.
Wouldn’t it be cool if AOA could set out all the rifles when the shipment arrives and then take pictures of the stocks with numbers by them.
Then put the photos on the website and let the race begin!
Since the write up boasts about the walnut, why not show the wood?
It wouldn’t take long to do, and it would be fun for the customer and save on returns.
Thanks for contributing to this post. You certainly have a great idea there. I did call them and request one as nice or nicer than yours. Apparently they will say anything to get a sale.

• Sad
Reactions: DualMagMike