HW-95K Upgrade…

My HW-95K been asking for an upgrade for a while now & I have been arguing with it as I’m not made of money and can’t just indulge it’s every want. Eventually it made it’s case &! I buckled.

Added a full Vortek Sub 12fpe kit with a new sporter stock. Will be documenting it’s performance as soon as possible.

A6077DB3-8B9B-4F08-90F5-AC48049A91F5.jpeg

My HW-95K been asking for an upgrade for a while now & I have been arguing with it as I’m not made of money and can’t just indulge it’s every want. Eventually it made it’s case &! I buckled.

Added a full Vortek Sub 12fpe kit with a new sporter stock. Will be documenting it’s performance as soon as possible.

View attachment 314273
You have a rifle that justifies having a beautiful stock. Very happy for you!

Reactions: intenseaty22
This build is almost entirely a new gun. I changed the stock barrel with a new threaded .177 barrel. I replaced the Spring & Seal with a Vortek Sub-12 kit. I think it’s doing around 10.8 right now. Will tune it up to reach closer to 12 when I have a minute. The stock is a CS500 Sporter in American Walnut from Custom Stock UK. Took advantage of the British Pound almost on par with the Dollar a few weeks ago.

I may look into getting a new piston when I have a chance.

Here’s a view of the cheek rest from a rear angle.
BE3F276A-8C56-4579-9F87-08319D6355F9.jpeg

This build is almost entirely a new gun. I changed the stock barrel with a new threaded .177 barrel. I replaced the Spring & Seal with a Vortek Sub-12 kit. I think it’s doing around 10.8 right now. Will tune it up to reach closer to 12 when I have a minute. The stock is a CS500 Sporter in American Walnut from Custom Stock UK. Took advantage of the British Pound almost on par with the Dollar a few weeks ago.

View attachment 314415

If its shooting well at 10.8 I wouldn't touch it. I run a few of my guns at 10.5 and find they do shoot quite a bit nicer with practically zero difference in holdover at even 50 yards. We're talking a difference of 40fps between 10.8 and 12fpe... miniscule in comparison to how much tamer the gun tends to feel. Thats a personal preference of course so by all means definitely experiment.

Reactions: r1lover
If its shooting well at 10.8 I wouldn't touch it. I run a few of my guns at 10.5 and find they do shoot quite a bit nicer with practically zero difference in holdover at even 50 yards. We're talking a difference of 40fps between 10.8 and 12fpe... miniscule in comparison to how much tamer the gun tends to feel. Thats a personal preference of course so by all means definitely experiment.
Will see. I only tested to 15 yards yesterday because I had some monkey wrenches thrown in my way & didn’t have time for more. Hopefully I will have a 45ish yard range really soon, as I max out at 35 right now. I was getting excellent results though, the Hades were printing a single hole at 15 & that’s with me having had a beer or two 😂
As for the 12fpe vs 10.5ish, I know, but want to do it just because. Just to see what it takes to get there, and also to see the performance at that level. I can Always tune it down if it doesn’t work out.

Reactions: Sqwirl57
Will see. I only tested to 15 yards yesterday because I had some monkey wrenches thrown in my way & didn’t have time for more. Hopefully I will have a 45ish yard range really soon, as I max out at 35 right now. I was getting excellent results though, the Hades were printing a single hole at 15 & that’s with me having had a beer or two 😂
As for the 12fpe vs 10.5ish, I know, but want to do it just because. Just to see what it takes to get there, and also to see the performance at that level. I can Always tune it down if it doesn’t work out.
"Just because" is a top tier reason in my books! Best of luck man. Looking forward to seeing the end results

View attachment 314415
I ordered a CS600, tyrolean stock for my HW77, and paid the extra for them to look for a darker better figured wood, Hope it comes out looking as good as that one

Little more progress. Had some issues as well. Gun was shooting at about 10.5fpe, I wanted 12, but the gun would not cock. Heck of a time, took me all day, but was eventually able to get it. Here’s a shot string, 5 8gr Polymags at 20 yards, pinky for reference. Mind you, this is a brand new barrel with no more than 30 shots through it. Hopefully it will tighten up more once it’s all leaded in.
D272F3F8-5875-42B9-AE40-BC32C7DA0D18.jpeg

9970B601-64E6-4466-B024-FD9CC0DFA1BD.jpeg

208010AD-40DD-44B5-915A-653857848C1E.jpeg

8BD3532D-8CFF-46BC-89EB-6875F8011CF1.jpeg

9A05FF17-A63B-48B1-80A8-5307DDF408D8.jpeg

Little more progress. Had some issues as well. Gun was shooting at about 10.5fpe, I wanted 12, but the gun would not cock. Heck of a time, took me all day, but was eventually able to get it. Here’s a shot string, 5 8gr Polymags at 20 yards, pinky for reference. Mind you, this is a brand new barrel with no more than 30 shots through it. Hopefully it will tighten up more once it’s all leaded in.
View attachment 315161
View attachment 315160
View attachment 315159
View attachment 315158
View attachment 315157
I had a similar issue with a PG4 when I installed a couple washers to bring power back up. The guide and top hat are basically maxed out already so I had to trim the steel guide by 3/8" to give enough room for the washers and allow the piston to go all the way back and latch.

Thats a solid group man! Happy to see she's shooting as well as she looks

I had a similar issue with a PG4 when I installed a couple washers to bring power back up. The guide and top hat are basically maxed out already so I had to trim the steel guide by 3/8" to give enough room for the washers and allow the piston to go all the way back and latch.

Thats a solid group man! Happy to see she's shooting as well as she looks
Yeah, I was on the phone with him a good bit. I will be sharing my findings with him tomorrow.