• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW-95K Upgrade…

Doing some proper testing today. First 5 shots at 20 yards. Who said you need speed, power, & a slug barrel to slug slugs around?
5C834347-1BE0-4975-BC43-853092D48878.jpeg

Reactions: SgtOutlaw76
Finally, the venerable CPHPs. That isn’t too shabby for a buy one get 4 free kinda pellet. If all my rifles shot them this way I would be a happy camper 👍🏼
DB3E8452-99F5-41F9-883E-CA4C08CB716C.jpeg

This concludes this session. You will notice a trend. These are all hunting type ammo. I will test the diabolos soon enough, and will extend range when possible. I need to change the scope, currently running a Nikon Prostaff BDC, great scope, but not suited for my current application.

Doing some proper testing today. First 5 shots at 20 yards. Who said you need speed, power, & a slug barrel to slug slugs around?
View attachment 318280
Those 10 grain JSB KO slugs do next level decapitation on sparrows.

I think they do better than even wadcutters at destroying pests.

Unfortunately, out of my HW97K they didn’t quite make the accuracy cut. It wasn’t bad really, .5” groups or so at 20 meters; but compared to my favorite pellets they just don’t keep up.

With its favorite ammo the HW97 will be one ragged hole all day at 20 meters. Same goes for the HW50:)

Last edited:
Reactions: intenseaty22
Beautiful stock, I recently bought one of those also.

Interesting on the Vortek kit. I put that 12fpe kit in mine and run 13.5-14fpe. So smooth.

What are you going to treat the walnut with? Mine is a little dry and needs something.

View attachment 320709
Thanks. Just like yours, very nice 👍🏼 Mine is a bit dry too. I’m not in a hurry to do it, but this is what I have at home and will likely use. I have been shooting it quite a bit and trying to figure out it’s absolute favorite pellet. I think I’m settling on the 9.57 H/N. Interesting about the power on your gun. He may have sent you the wrong spring.
108E8824-BCEB-4D38-9FAD-F73D0429485D.jpeg

Thanks. Just like yours, very nice 👍🏼 Mine is a bit dry too. I’m not in a hurry to do it, but this is what I have at home and will likely use. I have been shooting it quite a bit and trying to figure out it’s absolute favorite pellet. I think I’m settling on the 9.57 H/N. Interesting about the power on your gun. He may have sent you the wrong spring.
View attachment 321236
Thanks, I didn’t see anything on their site saying what they recommend. I was going to send them an email to see what they say.

I have a full power VT kit that I cut about 3 coils off. Really took the edge off the shot cycle.
With that and the 177 barrel it pushes FTT @860-70ish. 14fpe or so.
With the 12fpe kit it drops to 820fps, 12.7 fpe.

With the 22 barrel it pushes Meister 14wc @680fps, 14.5fpe.

It shoots really mild and smooth, and cocking is much easier. I think it’s the right spring.

I love this HW95.

Reactions: intenseaty22