HW 95 which caliber for hunting??

Hello!

Yesterday I bought a new HW95 0.177

I want to use it for hunting and passing my free time on targets. I chose 0.177 caliber because of the flat trajectory in order to achieve accuracy, because I believe in hunting with air rifles the accuracy is most important than power.

Today I am thinking to change it for a 0.22 in order to use it with a light pellet (maybe HN SNIPER LIGHT) in order to achieve flatter trajectory and also power.

Opinions???????

Thank you!!!!!

I had a rws 48 in .177 and believe it shot to fast even with heavy pellets. I now own a HW95 .22, getting dime size groups @ 35yards consistently. I also believe it has more knock down power at 50 than the model 48 .177 at 50 yards.

I know it's accurate, but at distances greater than 40 yds I believe that you have to do more elevation calculations than someone with 0.177. However I agree that you have more knock down power.

You want this cal.because of this,accuracy then you want this cal.because of this accuracy...to be or not to be,that is the question,enough Jesse just answer the question from your own experiences...ok ...I like .22 better,it is bigger and easier for to me to pick up the pellets,I like bigger holes,.22 is just as accurate for my needs,,,yes Jesse ....so which cal. HW95 did you get? I got the .20 best of both worlds....no doubt in my mid as I have plenty of pellet rifles in the other calibers...remember lighter is not always better nor is bigger or smaller...

btw plenty selection of .20 because rifle or cal.not that fussy,

NCEd does fine with a 177 squirrel hunting. A 22is more forgiving just like a 25 is more forgiving than a 22. I don't get all caught up in this caliber is better for this/that unless bigger critters like coyotes or something comes up but I cleanly and humanely dispatched everything from starlings, crow, squirrel, rabbit, raccoon, opossums and groundhogs from 8yds to 72yds with 177 and 20cal with Correct shot placement. But on the same note I didn't try the larger of the critters mentioned above past 35yds except for a groundhog which was at 72yds with a 20cal from a RX2. I can understand how some people feel, say or suggest their views/opinions so I agree with some and I agree to disagree with others.