HW 95 accuracy at more then 15 yards...

I pest with my HW80 .22 and reliably hit rabbits and squirrels within 35 yards. The answer depends on what you want to hit (accuracy and consistency, energy), caliber, wind, and of course your skills. Here is one one first results I found when I searched for answer for you. I don't shoot PCPs, but my impression is good shooters with good rifles get 1.5 to 2 MOAs at 100 yard with pellets. I don't know if that is cherry picked under ideal conditions or consistent results. Much longer than that might be slug territory.

I personally don’t see this as a “PCP vs Springer game” If you don’t want to deal with everything that PCPs involve, then I would say stick to Springers. If you need to hit reliably at say 60-120, get a PCP. 

I suggest getting into the Airgun Game. Meaning, I own both, use and enjoy both. The HW95 is probably very capable. I would give it a go, see what you can do with it. Then decide. 

I will say however, springers do bring out the best in your quality of shooting. They slow you down, improve trigger control, breathing, etc. Good luck. 

I routinely zero my .177 R-9 (HW95) at 45 yds. and shoot the smallest tin cans I can find - small tomato paste cans - and shoot them around the yard. I've humanely shot squirrels from at least that range with never a miss. The shooter holds the ultimate accuracy weak point using these proven rifles. Not that long ago these rifles were commonly used for field target, and have no doubt that some still do. RC

i'm using a UTG fixed 10X AO scope.

I want to just have an enjoyable airgun to plink with and also be Able to kill past 50 yards. Ive been considering the game urban as it is hand pump friendly but came across this hw 95 as it seems to be a quality airgun and I would be able to take it off the grid without worrying about an air source. So my question is can the hw 95 compete with pcps at 50 yards or so ? 

if you know how to hold a springgun and it has a super high quality barrel and you find the pellets the barrel likes you just might.

but not all springer like to be held the same.. so it will be up to you to find out what yr gun will like.

just remember too the higher power a spring gun has the harder it will be to shoot it accurately..

what foot pounds and cal do you want to shoot?

Well.....my .177 HW95 is accurate enough for squirrel hunting even though I do almost all shooting sitting on a bucket resting the gun on cross sticks..............

https://imgur.com/8SZm6IE

https://imgur.com/v6Ug0yH

Rk1wmixl.jpg
[/url][/img]

Still, under field conditions I try to keep all shots within my 30 yard zero distance and will only stretch the distance to 40 yards under perfect "no wind" conditions!