• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
20 years ago, I was into airguns and had a shooting galery of swinging targets set up in my backyard, untill the city incorperated us, and got a $200 ticket for shooting an airgun in the city limits. Started having to go to a public shooting range, so also went to real firearms. Today I'm a centerfire benchrest shooter, but saw a guy at the range last week shooting at 100yd with a PCP gun, so it got me to thinking, went home and dug out the airguns, none of my CO2 guns would hold air anymore, the seals had just crumbled from age. So that left me with an old. 22cal R-10 deluxe. Mounted an old 4x32 Simmons airgun scope, and went to test a variety of pellets. Of the ones I had, it seems to like Beeman field target pellets, and Beeman Kodiacs, only had half a tin of the field targets, and an entire sleeve of the Kodiacs, so went with them. It shot about 2-3 MOA out to 35 yards, but really opened up to about 5 inches at 50 yards. Tried to contact Tim McMurry of Mac-1 airguns by email and phone about resealing the CO2 guns, then realized he may no longer even be in buisness. Then started thinking about maybe moving to a PCP instead of repairing the CO2 guns, but not sure I want to re-invest thousands into airguns. Any advice welcome.

If you don’t want to move into the world of PCPs then maybe consider having the R10 tuned up and then start learning the “art” of springer shooting. I won’t give any advise there because I’m mostly a PCP shooter but there are plenty of guys here that could let you know about shooting techniques for springers. I do know there is more technique involved to shoot springers well. 
You can also dip your toes into the PCP waters without spending thousands( although you will probably end up like the rest of us and spend big money once you get hooked). There are rifles in the $300 range and hand pumps for your air supply. Again though, PCPs are quite addicting and you most likely will have a higher end rifle and a filling tank set up before too long. I actually got hooked many years back and have sold a big chunk of my centerfire rifles to fund my airguns and have not regretted it one little bit.

Boxlock,

Now days folks are moving more to regulated PCP's vs. Co2 guns. Technology has very much improved so that you can shoot 1 MOA or less at 100 yards with a PCP.

I'd still reseal the old Co2 guns as they can be fun.

Lastly ... kind of confused the the Title HW-85?

The Beeman R-10 and an HW-85 are the same gun.

Sorry Boxlock,

Personally owning a Beeman R10, I can believe I missed that one. 

The HW85 and R10 were very similar for only a few years, with Weihrauch scrapping the design in the mid 1990's due to production problems.