• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hw 80 ques.....

The 80 stock has always been different from the R1 in that it did not cover the entire breech block. Although the 80 is descended from the R1 the 80 actually made it out to the market earlier due to the "special" stock specs of the R1 taking longer to arrive. The only stock that was the same for the R1 & 80 was the Tyrolean which covers the whole breech block. 

The two HW80 models. The new “SL” has the longer fore arm that covers the breech block. Not traditional looking like the R1. I have seen cases where when the stock screws coming loose, the receiver fork ends/pivot bolt has blown out the stock on the longer version that covers the breech block. I would prefer the shorter one. No chance of stock damage.

F0E8C081-7BDD-4543-AB9E-64C0FF4F5345.1651319113.jpeg

Have owned several R1/ HW80 rifles over the years, still own my .22 cal . After 30 plus years I have never had issues from stock screws comming loose and causing a problem on any of my springers. I have always tuned my rifles to be smooth, loctited the action screws, even on my heavy hitting magnum rifles. If any quality springer is properly tuned, stock screws are properly seated and loctited, I see no reason why they would ever come loose. If the stock has been sealed then there should be no issues with swelling and shrinking which xan cause loose screws. If you are having loosening issues, you didnt set your rifle up correctly or your threads are bad.

Reactions: wamf
I always wanted a beeman r 1 and was thinking maybe a 80 from krale.... have they switch the stock on this gun like they did the hw35 ,hw30,hw50? I really wish they never changed any of the stocks because I liked the classic look of the hw.
I'm not sure the new HW80SL stocks are available yet? Weihrauch change stock on their website, but I haven't heard anyone getting one yet?

IMO, the SL stock is a big step forward foy the HW 80. The prior stock was a lbig let down relative to the guns mechanics. Now the old Beeman R1 Goudy stocks were absolutely beautiful in comparison. He older HW 30 & HW 95 stocks were also poor.

I agree with you on the HW35E and HW 50 stock. I would purchase a HW 80 from Krale without hesitation.

Last edited: