• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hw 77 repair?

This is the cocking
8907E4F5-BB95-4E8C-8A89-A81E676E91B1.jpeg
lever pin, It just falls in an out is it supposed to be worn like this

You may go to a teal live auto parts and see if you can match up a roll pin to use or hard pins/ bearing rollers ( i saved up ) that could make a replacement?

Then email like air guns of Arizona with the part you need and see if they got one around ( they claim authorized hw service people)

dummypin.jpg

Stay with a softer steel pin than the lever/barrel. If the pin was harder then the wear would be on the gun. I would replace it with a factory part.
I think having it properly lubed is probably more important than the hardness. I'm surprised that pin wore so badly, so quickly in the first place. I've never seen that pin or linkage wear so badly. I would just replace it with the factory pin and lube it properly.

After looking at your original picture again your pin was spinning on its ends in the ears of the linkage. It's supposed to be peened tight to those ears and the single arm rotate around the pin. Make sure there's adequate clearance for the pin in the single arm linkage. Also make sure it's hole is smooth and clean.

Something caused the pin to rotate in the side ears when it shouldn't. Hopefully the holes in the ears aren't opened so much that you can't properly fit a new pin. If it is you can either drill the linkages for an oversized pin or replace the linkage with the worn holes