• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW 77 long ?

One of the few airguns I ever parted with. Had no interest in .20 cal at the time and already had another tyro in .177
384 Beeman HW77T .20.JPG
383 Beeman HW77 Tyrolean .20.JPG

I am thinking a HW77 long ( defiantly want the long) in .20 or .177 . , i do not have any .20 guns . And i really like the looks of the long .
i have a HW97k tuned to 11.6 so i am trying to justify the new gun in that i do not have any .20.
Lucky no one has in stock that i can find .
Oh the. addiction

Reactions: maxtrouble
The 77 "long" is a pretty useless model. The "hard to find" is the first clue.

Other than cocking effort and sight radius if using receiver sights, they are worse in every way VS a 77K.

Been there and done that. Don't care to again. I'm a HUGE fan of the 77 platform, but found nothing to like about the full length 77.

Same goes for the .20 caliber, you'll pay more for the gun, pay more for the ammo (when you can find it), for a gun that doesn't do anything a .177 or .22 won't do as well or better.

But if you just have to have one, get one.

I am thinking a HW77 long ( defiantly want the long) in .20 or .177 . , i do not have any .20 guns . And i really like the looks of the long .
i have a HW97k tuned to 11.6 so i am trying to justify the new gun in that i do not have any .20.
Lucky no one has in stock that i can find .
I have one in .177, and one of my friends with razor sharp eyes put 5 shots into a 1/4 Inch hole at 25 yards with the stock open sights. My jaw hit the shooting beach. Its a keeper.

Reactions: maxtrouble
I have the 77 long in both .177 and .22, and a .25 cal. short all keepers. I’ve had a .20 cal. on order for almost 2 years, but not available in Canada currently?
‘The 85 has the long break barrel but you would have to order .20 cal.
‘If you’re looking for .20 cal., R9 or 97 which seem to be a little more plentiful. Anyone who has one, raves about it, common denominator.
A used Beeman 77 would be ultimate. Crow

If you don't care about having the open/iron sights, you might consider purchasing a 97K. I find them to be every bit as accurate, if not more so. Same action and internals. Though I hadn't thought about selling it, within my collection, I have a 97K in black synthetic that has been meticulously tuned, like and better than new, I could make it available to you.

DZ

View attachment 329475View attachment 329476
View attachment 329477
Thanks already have a 97K tuned and spot on , nice write up