HW/Weihrauch HW 75 Questions

Interesting about the markings.

My HW75 is a current production gun that I bought from the last batch PA got in a few months ago. It has no F inside a pentagon mark. Chrono puts RWS R10 at around 415 fps. I've been substituting synthetic transmission fluid for Pellgun Oil as an O-ring lube in my SSP's for years now with good results. Way more economical than the little Crosman tubes.

A damn fine pistol.

HW75-4.JPG

don't be Jealous find one that is used and buy it but i will tell you that you already know, the prices of Weihrauch products are on the rise and fast
i bought a Beeman P2 full grip frame about 6-7-8 years ago for 220.00 in the box as new and new HW 75's are 500 bucks plus tax and shipping if any
and steals and deals are hard to find, i am looking every day

for the new owner enjoy, for those who want keep looking and good luck

Interesting about the markings.

My HW75 is a current production gun that I bought from the last batch PA got in a few months ago. It has no F inside a pentagon mark. Chrono puts RWS R10 at around 415 fps. I've been substituting synthetic transmission fluid for Pellgun Oil as an O-ring lube in my SSP's for years now with good results. Way more economical than the little Crosman tubes.

A damn fine pistol.

View attachment 404764

FB_IMG_1712322321572.jpg

I am expecting a new Weihrauch HW 75 any minute now and I checked out the manual online while I was waiting. Two questions arise:

1. Can I dry fire this pistol? Manual does not say.

2. It says to oil the piston skirt about every 500 pellets but later says that changes were made to the design and with pistols after a certain serial number the seal ring does not have to be lubricated. Are these two the same thing, so that the second statement means I need not worry about the first if my serial number is after the stated number? Or are they different and I should lube the skirt regardless of the serial number?
I have E mailed HW and they have always replied rather quickly for a company that size .

What does F mean on an air rifle?

German F-in-pentagon mark. In Germany, air guns producing a muzzle energy up to 7.5 joule (J) (5.53 ft·lbf) can be owned by persons from the age of 18 years and freely acquired provided they bear the "F-in-pentagon" mark that indicates a muzzle energy not exceeding 7.5 J (5.5 ft⋅lbf) kinetic energy.

the HW75 would fit in that range no matter marked or not
i have a HW75 and a Beeman P2 and neither are F marked
Man, the world of airgunning is a totally different animal than what I have been used to for the last forty years. I am new to the airgun world too, have only 4 pistols and five rifles, but I sure have fun with them.

This is interesting information you shared there...thanks!