HW/Weihrauch HW 75 Questions

I am expecting a new Weihrauch HW 75 any minute now and I checked out the manual online while I was waiting. Two questions arise:

1. Can I dry fire this pistol? Manual does not say.

2. It says to oil the piston skirt about every 500 pellets but later says that changes were made to the design and with pistols after a certain serial number the seal ring does not have to be lubricated. Are these two the same thing, so that the second statement means I need not worry about the first if my serial number is after the stated number? Or are they different and I should lube the skirt regardless of the serial number?

I am expecting a new Weihrauch HW 75 any minute now and I checked out the manual online while I was waiting. Two questions arise:

2. It says to oil the piston skirt about every 500 pellets but later says that changes were made to the design and with pistols after a certain serial number the seal ring does not have to be lubricated. Are these two the same thing, so that the second statement means I need not worry about the first if my serial number is after the stated number? Or are they different and I should lube the skirt regardless of the serial number?
Love mine. If you want to put optics on it eaglevision has a 13mm to weaver adapter that works great. I put a mini reflex sight on mine.
thumbnail (31).jpeg

Last edited:
a month or so ago on a UK forum there was some talk could the half frame HW75 be made into a full frame and that was an interesting idea so myself and the poster started the project and i got a just on him because i had what i needed
so i made one out of wood
i left them long and proof of concept was over
SAM_0545.JPG
SAM_0540.JPG
SAM_0544.JPG

1. Yes, SSP's can be dry fired safely. The HW 75 can be dry fired without cocking the pistol. Pull the hammer back and pull the trigger.

2. I use pellgun oil very sparingly on the piston with a toothpick for an applicator.

3. I suggest 7 grain pellets, RWS Basics are the most economical. RWS Meisterklugens are the fastest.

1. Yes, SSP's can be dry fired safely. The HW 75 can be dry fired without cocking the pistol. Pull the hammer back and pull the trigger.

2. I use pellgun oil very sparingly on the piston with a toothpick for an applicator.

3. I suggest 7 grain pellets, RWS Basics are the most economical. RWS Meisterklugens are the fastest.

Darn , I expected a unbox first impression post by now .😭

Reactions: sjs

If I got the right link you can see I reported on it on the What Pistol Did You Shoot Today.

But I wasn't completely happy with the Burris Fast Fire so I put on an Ultra Dot and I like it much more.

IMG_0919.jpg

Sure, it is big and heavy, but with the light trigger it just hangs on target as I break the shot. I love the design and craftsmanship of this pistol.

I don't know what that means. I am a newbie to this stuff, but in general terms I would say it is a low power pistol, all about accuracy not power.
Did not mean it to sound bad .. I just found it unusual yours was stamped ..

Matter of fact first one I ever seen with it as yours is ..

Maybe makes it have a more authentic German appealing look / made in Germany for guys in Germany..
👍👍

What does F mean on an air rifle?

German F-in-pentagon mark. In Germany, air guns producing a muzzle energy up to 7.5 joule (J) (5.53 ft·lbf) can be owned by persons from the age of 18 years and freely acquired provided they bear the "F-in-pentagon" mark that indicates a muzzle energy not exceeding 7.5 J (5.5 ft⋅lbf) kinetic energy.

the HW75 would fit in that range no matter marked or not
i have a HW75 and a Beeman P2 and neither are F marked

What does F mean on an air rifle?

German F-in-pentagon mark. In Germany, air guns producing a muzzle energy up to 7.5 joule (J) (5.53 ft·lbf) can be owned by persons from the age of 18 years and freely acquired provided they bear the "F-in-pentagon" mark that indicates a muzzle energy not exceeding 7.5 J (5.5 ft⋅lbf) kinetic energy.

the HW75 would fit in that range no matter marked or not
i have a HW75 and a Beeman P2 and neither are F marked
Exactly. Sorry I worded it bad at first ...

Any oil which is thin and does not attack the O ring seals....
You want thin oil as thicker lubes can work their way into the valve and clog it up...
Crosman Pellgun is seal safe and thin, as is the stuff you have been using.
Keep the wiper ring wetted being the key..
However, in any event, a pack of seals is very low cost and easily replaced should they get messed up by less than ideal lubes.

The best improvement you can have with the gun is running a longer barrel, using up the wasted void space in the barrel housing....I've picked up 20-30 fps dependent on pellets...

Last edited:
Reactions: Singleshot
it is a German thing
and that must be an old HW75 to be marked that way
Well, he said expecting a new 75.. why I took notice of that f stamp .. hw and there problems today maybe a one gun to just ship anywhere and that includes German market "f".

Then like you say showed pistol not a big deal. Like if a rifle would .

Like I said makes look more a gun made by Germans just for Germans .. not whatever American market so to say . 🥴 ( Looks cool on there)

but the term expecting a new gun means what, a new never owned gun or a new to the own gun that has age to it
the pictures at PA show no F mark
it makes no difference in this case the 75 shoots in the 410FPS range at best
True... could the the ol' new to me variety.. I pulled up Google images and did not see many f ones .. maybe none out side greman / uk market ones..

His pictures look pretty clean for old used .. a good buy for him regardless..