HW/Weihrauch Hw 45 ques..

Yup I had in the past a p11 22 cal and hw 45 in 20 cal and I'm shocked how weak this silver streak is shooting. This velocity is the gun cocked all the way at full power.
Maybe it's called the silver streak cause it's so slow you can see the pellets leave the muzzle and follow it's "silver streak" to the target ? 🤤

I have routinely tuned the HW45/P1 variants up to 590/600 fps..dangerously close to the UK limit with Wadcutters.
Usually employing a slightly heavier Dome of 8 grains typ, sees this drop slightly into comfortably legal territory (for me UK) but still running 570 fps.
I would strongly suspect you have a broken coil...or 3 , and or the piston head is not sealing.

You can easily re seal a non sealing head by dry firing a few times to get it to fatten out slightly to cylinder walls.
Worth a try and will not damage the gun as it's not a parachute seal which might damage used this way...
Don't make habit of it. If after a 2 or 3 dry fires it's not improved you will need to go inside for that spring...

The 45/P1 is not a bad gun but that mainspring at the distal end needs a bit of piston weight to prevent piston bounce (forget Tinbum kits) and then using a small Top hat at the muzzle end to prevent the mainspring flailing at the unsupported end.
It's a careful balance but can be made to perform if you know what you are doing....
Use a fast start pellet to minimise that bounce if you cannot manage my above tune methods yourself.

I have tuned 40 since the mid 80s

Last edited: