• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch HW 35/35e cocking linkage rivet substitute. ?

I'm finaly getting one of my 35e's back together with new barrel & finaly got to cocking rivet & remember this as something I want to go a differant route then smashing the factory replacement rivet as I don't think I can pull it off without damage. I thought I seen threaded sleaved rivets before for gunsmithing.? This is what I would want if possible. Anyone done this to HW's or a 35 ? Smashing that rivet in a vise looks easy enough but i'm sure I'll screw s.. up. 35's are to nice for just a regular shoulder bolt in my head. any help would greatly be appreciated. I also noticed I changed the trigger out in this years ago to a SS setback trigger made by who knows who. my old 13mm 35e also has this trigger so I must have liked them. also the linkage rivet pics just show the new rivet sitting in place & not pressed, it is just slipped in & loose.
Joe PXL_20230804_214448630.jpgPXL_20230804_214519780.jpgPXL_20230804_214459232.jpgPXL_20230804_214429385.jpg

Reactions: drpietrzak
You can glue in the cocking arm rivet. On two guns I lightly coated the rivet and holes with five minute epoxy and slid it in place. Wipe off the excess with denatured alcohol.

This works great because the epoxy quickly wear off the pin under the cocking arm and if you want to remove it just warm it with a propane torch and push it out with hand tools. It saves the chance of damaging the guns finish while expanding the pin ends.

You can glue in the cocking arm rivet. On two guns I lightly coated the rivet and holes with five minute epoxy and slid it in place. Wipe off the excess with denatured alcohol.

This works great because the epoxy quickly wear off the pin under the cocking arm and if you want to remove it just warm it with a propane torch and push it out with hand tools. It saves the chance of damaging the guns finish while expanding the pin ends.
Great idea !!!! Thank you
Joe

I have used these with good success. Easy on/off with no hassle.

R

R
Thanks for the info EM

These look pretty easy to make. Case hardened would work. Doesn't need blued because the screws are already black when you get them. Round stock is probably available in the pin diameter.

Reactions: Jaxjax

R
This is a great item to have on hand

Reactions: Jaxjax