HW/Weihrauch HW 30 what spring kit

Hello hw30 and r7 owners,
I'd like to mention my stock hw30 in .177 has over 6,500 pellets through it and has given me zero problems over the last 3 years of owning it. I noticed what looks to be a broken spring but have not opened it up yet.
My question is what spring should I order...?
I'd like a slightly slower velocity with a real smooth feel. I mostly own 10m rifles and enjoy the soft smooth shooting they give me.
I've heard of short stroking but I believe that is more on harder shooting models. My air rifles are for killing paper and bugs 🙂 so I'm looking for a spring that will give me 550 - 600 something fps and a smooth sweet recoil.
What is your recommendations...?

Rich

I have had both spring kits in my R-7, they are different.The Vortex is more like a quick push shot cycle the ARH is more like a regular shot cycle.
I have been able to ask ARH,=JM for a specific spring rate and he was able to deliver.
It sounds like you want a < than 12lb spring like the English must use.
I agree with others ,ARH is the way to go, that said my Vortex kit is also good.
Go to both sites and see what they have and also talk to them about your wants.(y)

harrympope A 12lb. spring,I totally forgot what I was talking about, yes indeed that would be hard to do. Still say the place to go is Jim M. at ARH and see what springs and tune kits they carry.
I buy all my springs from him.Fast service and fair pricing!.
I understand what you meant btw, I was just being a smart@$$

• Haha
Reactions: boscoebrea