HW 30 / R9-HW50 / HW95

Believe it’s because US market guns don’t have the power level restrictions of UK, Germany, etc. My .22 HW95 puts out 16-17 FPE. Big no no in may places.
What does a barrel have to do with that ?

Nothing.. thats in the reciver and porting/ spring .. lol. A barrel just a barrel dont change power ., Right?

"under eight pounds scoped if done correctly"??
Not to be argumentative but, my Hw95 Luxus with no iron sights, a 3-9x40 Airmax mounted on simple Sportsmatch medium rings weighs 9.02 lbs. I know the Luxus stock might add an ounce or two and the Airmax is a heavy scope at 18 oz but I don't see how a scoped Hw95 could ever weigh under eight pounds. If you think you have one like that, please put on a scale and confirm your numbers.

I do agree the Hw95 is an excellent platform. Probably the most versatile of the Weihrauch lineup.
Looks you are correct, my HW95 is 8.8 lbs on my bathroom scale. Not the most accurate weight measurement device.

Reactions: Deerstalker
Looks you are correct, my HW95 is 8.8 lbs on my bathroom scale. Not the most accurate weight measurement device.
No biggie. I thought something was askew. If the 95 was that light I'd carry mine around a lot more.

My Hw50 is 7.2 lbs scoped. I'm fat and old so I reach for it first. It has enough power to plant a squirrel at ranges I'm confident with. Basically inside 40 yards. Sometimes 50 yards under perfect conditions. That's rare though.

Be well
Ron

Last edited:
I’d like to tune my HW50 with an ARH full power kit but I’m not sure what fpe that will give me. Does anyone know offhand? I’d really like to end up at 10-11 fpe. From the factory I found it to be some what over sprung and jumpy. The ARH “indoor plinkers kit” gives 8-9 fpe from what I’ve read but that is a bit low for my purposes….head shots on squirrels <40 meters.

I’d like to tune my HW50 with an ARH full power kit but I’m not sure what fpe that will give me. Does anyone know offhand? I’d really like to end up at 10-11 fpe. From the factory I found it to be some what over sprung and jumpy. The ARH “indoor plinkers kit” gives 8-9 fpe from what I’ve read but that is a bit low for my purposes….head shots on squirrels <40 meters.
You're right. 8-9 fp isn't enough for your purposes. Put the full power kit in there. I'm only guessing but I don't think the gun will be jumpy.

I haven't installed a ARH kit in a 50 yet but I've installed his full power kits in a R1, Hw35 and my R9. The first two made a little less than full factory power and the last one made a little more. The shot cycle on the first two was very nice and the last one good for the power level.

If the the gun is jumpy (which I doubt) you can always cut the spring. If you're not comfortable cutting and closing the spring end, you can heat the last coil and collapse it. The ARH kits I've used came with a lot preload so there's a lot of spring to work with there.

I recommend that you use a Vortek piston seal. You don't have to size them and they make more power than traditional parachute seals.