HW 30 / R9-HW50 / HW95

I want to move up from my R7 to something a little more powerful. I understand the spec differences on all three rifles but before I make a selection, I was wondering if there is any defined inherent accuracy differences between the 50 and 95 models in .177? I’ll want this rifle for longer range target work and as my pest / small game go to gun. Thanks

PS - I’m new to this forum and for the life of me I can’t figure out how to PM a member. I requested some advice on the HELP tab but didn’t get an answer so any pointers would be appreciate.

R9-hw95(L)..

I guess a standard 95 unless you just need fancy stock... Also the std,95 is fixed globe not insert type. Funny thing is i seen guys say thetes had the insert globe and some day theres did not ... I dont know whats up on that ? Picture at aoa shows non insert globe on ot .. anyway any of the 3 i guess youd do fine. Good luck.

I want to move up from my R7 to something a little more powerful. I understand the spec differences on all three rifles but before I make a selection, I was wondering if there is any defined inherent accuracy differences between the 50 and 95 models in .177? I’ll want this rifle for longer range target work and as my pest / small game go to gun. Thanks

PS - I’m new to this forum and for the life of me I can’t figure out how to PM a member. I requested some advice on the HELP tab but didn’t get an answer so any pointers would be appreciate.
hold cursor over there name and you see a drop down

Hey Tx,
- Longer range target shooting = HW95 out to 75 yards.
- Walk around (all day hunting) = HW50S out to 45/50 yards.

The HW95 is the more versatile gun (longer/hefty), but the HW50S is the more manageable (adult sized HW30S).

My feeling is you'll probably end up buying both eventually, so get the characteristics you need most ... first.

Hey Tx,
- Longer range target shooting = HW95 out to 75 yards.
- Walk around (all day hunting) = HW50S out to 45/50 yards.

The HW95 is the more versatile gun (longer/hefty), but the HW50S is the more manageable (adult sized HW30S).

My feeling is you'll probably end up buying both eventually, so get the characteristics you need most ... first.
Perfect synopsis!
If I'm walking I'm taking my 177 Hw50. If I want to precision shoot stuff past 50 yards I'll pick my 177 Hw95 (or 97).

Own 2 R7's and an HW95. Never bought the 50 since I own a higher end German rifle that fits that niche power wise.

Random lame thought is HW95. Already comes as a 15-16 fpe rifle if you want that much, but can easily be tweaked down a bit for 12-13 if you want or need a little less. Everything I've ever read on the 50, 12ish is as high as you'll get one which leaves you a bit stuck if you decide you want that little bit more.
'Course I also tend to agree with anyone who says eventually, you'll end up with several (I did) so buy one of each...lol.

Reactions: Deerstalker
The HW50 is IMO the best shooting current break barrel available. At 10.5-11fpe it's really in it's element and has a very quick and tame shot cycle. It's also very manageable in size and weight.

But, the cocking effort is nearly as much as the 95 for less power due to the reduced leverage of the double jointed cocking linkage. But it makes for a nice sturdy and smooth stock without the slot cut underneath, and also one less stock screw to worry about. The forearm screw also comes with a steel screw cup from the factory.

If 10ish fpe will satisfy your needs, the 50 is a killer rifle. If you want more, step up because pushing the 50 up in power will ruin all the things that make it great, and really overstresses the cocking linkage. Especially with kits like Vortek using small diameter springs.

The 95 is a great all around rifle in it's own right. It would be very hard to go wrong with one of those if you want full power and full size.

If I had all three the 50 would be the last to leave.

You know, i think back on the r9 with it being a air venturi thing and sime small the hings with that . I may now lean more to a hw branded from them next time. Just somethings being air venturi not the true beeman , somthing... I dont know ... Maybe my last one then just get a true hw here on out... Weird ..?
Air Venturi is just the Importer. Beeman rifles are built by Weihrauch, in the same plant and the same production lines as the HW95 is. Air Venturi has nothing to do with building them....lol.

The HW95 is the "Cry once, Buy once" pellet rifle. Stocks and internal power plant upgrades are plentiful and inexpensive. Plenty of power and accuracy in a light weight rifle under eight pounds scoped if done correctly. Rodents and fowl beware.
"under eight pounds scoped if done correctly"??
Not to be argumentative but, my Hw95 Luxus with no iron sights, a 3-9x40 Airmax mounted on simple Sportsmatch medium rings weighs 9.02 lbs. I know the Luxus stock might add an ounce or two and the Airmax is a heavy scope at 18 oz but I don't see how a scoped Hw95 could ever weigh under eight pounds. If you think you have one like that, please put on a scale and confirm your numbers.

I do agree the Hw95 is an excellent platform. Probably the most versatile of the Weihrauch lineup.

Air Venturi is just the Importer. Beeman rifles are built by Weihrauch, in the same plant and the same production lines as the HW95 is. Air Venturi has nothing to do with building them....lol.
What i saying is in parts used.. do you build someone a better product then your own ? When the parys come down the line is it these are going in our guns and whats left over or not good for a hw makes a beeman? What I said above air venturi just buys whatever to profit. Not the relationship as old like mr beeman was .. this latest r9 i sent back 3 times , should of just took refund .. now im thinking just go with a true hw from here on out ..

As you lol'ed... Air Venturi has nothing to do with building them....lol. just to my point..

Last edited:
What i saying is in parts used.. do you build someone a better product then your own ? When the parys come down the line is it these are going in our guns and whats left over or not good for a hw makes a beeman? What I said above air venturi just buys whatever to profit. Not the relationship as old like mr beeman was .. this latest r9 i sent back 3 times , should of just took refund .. now im thinking just go with a true hw from here on out ..

As you lol'ed... Air Venturi has nothing to do with building them....lol. just to my point..
Beeman was nothing but a con-man out to make a buck. By simply importing things, rebranding them, and making a helluva effort at a marketing campaign with a well done catalog. Keep in mind this was during a time when most of America didn't know about GOOD airguns and didn't have another place to get them. He didn't build the guns.... They were still Weihrauchs with different shaped stocks and for $10 more he would check the "select stock" or "select group" on your box.

Air Venturi does the exact same thing. It's a Weihrauch, with a different name lasered on the side.

I've taken lots of Beeman's and Weihrauchs apart from the "glory days" and they were the same parts to the same standards, which sometimes weren't so good.

Believe what you want.

I thought i seen guys now seeing USA stamped on there barrel.. so why? Are them barrels not good enugh for gun for elsewhere? Why is a barrel singled out for you here ?

At my age and how bout hings are anymore i got less faith and confidence in most thing i thought was stright up ..😭. Oh well...
Believe it’s because US market guns don’t have the power level restrictions of UK, Germany, etc. My .22 HW95 puts out 16-17 FPE. Big no no in may places.