Tuning HW 100 tuning question

The hammers from the UK ( sub 12 fpe ) have anti tamper screws in them from what I can tell. I’ve tuned a few full power to 12fpe with no issue. Simply turning the hammer spring tension will get you there but at the cost of efficiency and consistency. You need to have the hammer spring and the regulator pressure in balance. Again at about 85 bar and the hammer spring backed out to free flight with just a slight gap. 3% from the max regulator setting will get you the best balance . 

A bit off topic, but I was reading in some of the Weihrauch documentation, that they recommend degassing the HW 100 cylinder every 20 fills, to release the moisture. I fill all my rifles from a dive shop scuba tank. I figure it's about as moisture free as possible, and I've never drained any of my bottles or cylinders to observe for moisture. I know the European makers are conservative, and the Germans especially, with steel tanks and 200 bar fill limits. Just curious if any of you folks routinely drain your reservoirs to release moisture? 

Hi elh0102,

I fill mine with dry breathing quality air. I've never drained a reservoir to release moisture. I've been into several of my air cylinders for one reason or another. They are spotless inside (the ones I've been into).

OTOH, Weihrauch likely has the moisture release mentioned for folks that hand pump their guns. I've seen videos of folks pouring water from the reservoir cylinders. The only way I drain the reservoirs is to expel pellets :)

Nugria

I love the HW100, I had 5 of them, sold 1, I acquired 3 of them as non working guns and repaired them, they are very easy to work on, I had them all working in a day, mostly o-rings and main valves, I like to set them to 780fps with the reg set at 90 bar using JSB 18's, they are the most accurate and get very good shot count at that setting, plenty of power to take a squirrel or Rabbit, got 2 for sale in the classifieds, I don't really want to sell them though, they are too beautiful and accurate, if no one jumps on them soon, I'll just keep them..... :)