• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW 100 regulator air leak from gunstock screw hole

As soon as I put any air into the cylinder a leak was heard coming from the regulator area. So I disassembled the the gun and changed all the seals in the regulator. Upon testing there is an immediate leak from the screw hole in the regulator that the stock attaches? I believe this was the initial leak that I set out to fix, but did not test this after dissembling and prior to repair. I took the regulator apart to see how air can get to the screw hole, and cannot figure how this is happening ?

You likely have a leak at one of the orings inside the brass main valve assembly where your cylinder screws in:

1567703098_18625362825d71403aa89174.37455004_C9238CEC-A386-40A9-87A5-4C8F6469F576.jpeg

Take it out using a 10mm socket wrench and then disassemble it completely at the misaligned hex nuts you can see above. It has two 005 orings in there that need replacing.

Reassemble and you should be good to go.

Thank you Macros 

I replaced the the O rings like you said and the leak reduced significantly. I believe this was part of the problem. I still have a slight barely audible leek for the same gunstock screw hole and found that I scratched the outer most part of where the main valve seats, not where the O ring sits but the outer edge itself where it appears the brass main valve seats metal to metal. Would that scratch cause the leak ?

This leak is from the piston housing. Leaks from the other small vent hole come from the main valve and the Oring that seats Under it.

The piston housing leak can be a very frustrating leak to fix you can repeat the fix so many time with no joy.

A few years ago HW modified the housing by cutting a wider groove for the Oring so it could seat better. The Oring size is 10X1.5 but also try a 11x1.5 that can be better.

l recently had this problem on my gun with the old housing and pulled it apart many times with no luck l ended up fixing it in the a strange way. With the gun all together and the stock off l gave it a burst of air into the stock screw hole. To my surprise it made it seal and 4 days now and all good.

l hope this helps you good luck and let us know how you go.