HW/Weihrauch HW 100 leak?

redog

Dec 12, 2020
CA
I had a very slow leak in the cylinder forever and finally sent to AOA. It came back today and seems to hold air now. However when screwing it into the action I now have a fast leak around the cylinder valve. I wonder if I can just replace the visible O-ring it seems straight forward (according to youtube) do I need the original O ring if yes where can I get one, or can it be replaced with something from the hardware store? Can the problem come from somewhere else? thanks for your help

If you dig deep enough, you'll find (as I did a while back), a slightly larger OD, silicone o-ring is recommended.
I only had one. I put it on, no change, still leaking in the same area. I removed the valve from the receiver and changed that (thouse?) o-rings, still leaks.
I bought one of the aluminum cylinders that's available...still leaks, so I know now that my problem is somewhere in the receiver.

Will be going in for a full disassembly and o-ring refresh one of these days.

If you do a "Search", there's another HW100 o-ring problem question just a few days ago. 'Search" for it, it may have an answer to that person's leaking problem.

Mike

I think it is wise to just replace the common leak orings at the same time. The document has the sizes. I bought them from ebay and amazon. A silicon film on the orings helps, but very little.
I though my leak was in the cylinder side. I replaced those orings a few times and no change. I finally wised up and replaced #2568, the 12X1 oring and everything was rock tight. I saw some videos on repairing the HW100, and they said a little thicker oring works even better. So as luck would have it, I had a nitrile a smiidge bigger, and it was better than the factory rebuild kit.
A bought 2 nitrile kits from Amazon. One metric, one english. Those have almost everything, I bought #005 orings separately. It is not hard once you do it. No special tools, just metric allen keys, and I think a 8 or 10mm? socket.

Last edited: