Western Airguns Hushing the Sidewinder Mini .30

on the lowest power setting my sidewinders are silent so can hear the action clearly - the action really isn't THAT loud.

I even tied some paracord to the trigger and shot it 10 feet away, not loud at all.
I agree - when on the lowest power setting. But as the power goes up the noise goes up. If mine would shoot accurately at 800 fps or lower I could live it just fine, but it prefers to be shooting at over 900 fps for the best accuracy. And at those levels, with the muzzle blast managed well, my action is loud - especially with my head on it . . . and it's not just me. The Sidewinder is the only one of my air guns that can disturb other family members when I shoot in the basement, and it is not the one tuned to the most power.

I agree - when on the lowest power setting. But as the power goes up the noise goes up. If mine would shoot accurately at 800 fps or lower I could live it just fine, but it prefers to be shooting at over 900 fps for the best accuracy. And at those levels, with the muzzle blast managed well, my action is loud - especially with my head on it . . . and it's not just me. The Sidewinder is the only one of my air guns that can disturb other family members when I shoot in the basement, and it is not the one tuned to the most power.

Gotcha - on high I just attributed the loudness to the shtty suppression of my Mod lol.

Ordered Sidewinder .30 Compact Pro from Brian at Edgun West. Sligjtly bigger but slimmer CF bottle with quick detach.Behemoth moderator. Sounds very quiet to me. See photo. Took Behemoth off, shot once without it, fricking made my ears ring, lol. Im.sold on the Behemoth as it does seem to suppress the noise of this short barrel .30, amazingly well. See Edgun West websight for better photo. Its on my.washer cause my Alkin W31 was delivered and so i.made a 3 prong 240 volt plug and then a 4 prong L15 30amp receptacle for the Alkin W31 which for a couple days was in my bathroom across from the dryer and washer. The dryer had the only 240 volt receptacle and garage just had 120 volts. My fiance thinks im nuts but i did fill 2 Great White Joe Brancato CF tanks from.empty to 4600 psi in about 26 minutes each. I was laughing as i was using the toilet at the same time and its a small bathroom anyways and then.the Auto Condensate feature on the Alkin went off with a loud hiss and instantly cured my slight constipation lol. I was laugjing after being scared literally.poopless by the loud hiss of the Auto Condensate drain and thougjt to myself how many guys in the world would understand how normal I thinl.
all this is.....lol. Bathroom Humor and Airguns, two greatest things evah! Lol!
d2901914-f8eb-44fd-af0c-953cc6854c34.jpg

Reactions: weevil and techna
Now, I feel like I should start by stating that I’m always very honest with @subscriber regarding the performance of his designs. Today, I sent him a PM with extremely lavish praise. This thing is phenomenal! So much so that I thought something was wrong with the gun! For the first time, I can clearly hear the mechanics of the trigger and valve actuation. I cannot detect any noise from the muzzle. It meters at a whopping 4.5dBA less than the shorter (2X) OSTV design. It is absolutely backyard friendly. The remaining action noise, which is much louder for the shooter, is really not a very gun-like noise. More of a clang than a bang is the best way I can describe it.

Regarding accuracy, the official verdict will have to wait, because we have 15-20mph swirling winds. However, taking that into account, I have no reason to believe that it is any less accurate than the earlier, stellar OSTV.

At this point, I am happy to state that the original mission is very much accomplished, thanks to subscriber! Next up, I plan to see how it does with increased power…
Do you have sonometer readings before and after using the moderator?

I was laugjing after being scared literally.poopless by the loud hiss of the Auto Condensate drain and thougjt to myself how many guys in the world would understand how normal I thinl.
all this is.....lol. Bathroom Humor and Airguns, two greatest things evah! Lol!

Trying to keep as much space as possible in my garage/shop, I stuffed a 5HP 2-stage 80gal air compressor in my tiny downstairs bathroom. It had a similar effect when it would unexpectedly top-up.

• Haha
Reactions: TRIPP