• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huntsman Revere not up to spec

oOmpH

Jul 11, 2022
Belgium
Recently got a Revere .22 highest power version according to Daystate specs should do 20 shots @ 40 ft/lbs.
I came with the regulator set at 195bar, which i found rather high, but rifle was only shooting at sub12 power. So obviously hammer wasn't adjusted accordingly. Checked with the dealer and got some reasoning according to law, export, blah blah they come underpowered. New to me but ok, no biggie, i adjust the hammer and in the meantime check with Daystate regarding the 195bar reg setting which they confirm is normal for this version.

Problem is, and i went though the whole hammer spectrum only working with small increments, to reach the advertised 40 ft/lbs i only get 11 shots instead of the advertised 20 before it falls of the reg. Going to 30 ft/lbs, which is fine for me, i get short of 25 shots instead of the advertised 45 shots.

Sent rifle back to dealer whom confirmed my results and did further testing on the rifle by also adjusting reg pressure but cannot get the rifle up to the specs of 45 shots @ 30 ft/lbs 20 shots @ 40 ft/lbs. Dealer tested another rifle from same lot and has same results so they are now dealing with Daystate regarding.

Brilliant rifle otherwise, laser accurate, great trigger, fab stock... can't flaunt it.

Haven't heard anywhere about a Revere not performing up to the advertised specifications? Anybody with a similar experience?

I've never heard of a 40 fpe Revere in .22. The Daystate web site is confusing. It lists a 40 fpe option for the .22 in the chart, but in the narrative description the maximum mentioned is 30 fpe, which is all I've ever seen. It mentions a 40 fpe version, but in .25 only, confusing. That aside, the Revere is a wonderful platform, but not for high power. Personally, I would look at another rifle if I wanted more than 28-30 fpe from a .22.

I've never heard of a 40 fpe Revere in .22. The Daystate web site is confusing. It lists a 40 fpe option for the .22 in the chart, but in the narrative description the maximum mentioned is 30 fpe, which is all I've ever seen. It mentions a 40 fpe version, but in .25 only, confusing. That aside, the Revere is a wonderful platform, but not for high power. Personally, I would look at another rifle if I wanted more than 28-30 fpe from a .22.

When i spoke with Daystate they confirmed mine was a 40fpe version hence the high reg pressure. I would be happy with 30fpe, didn't get the rifle for power but i would like the shot count as advertised or at least close to... seems most get 40 shots in 30fpe.

Very interesting information. I heard somewhere the regulated Reveres do not use the Harper sling shot type system but the nonregulated ones do...one of the AOA guys told me a couple of years ago if memory serves me...I didn't know anything about a 40fpe option in .22 and 195b reg setting just doesn't sound right...I'm sorry you ran into issues with such a well respected air gun...I have two Regals one regulated and one nonregulated both sling shot systems, I prefer the unregulated one...I've had reg creep issues with the regulated one. Please keep us updated on the comeuppance of this issue.

I honestly never knew they got that high of power. Always thought they were in the 25-30 range, but when I seen you saying they get up to 40 for 20 shots, I figured they changed something on them. 40 fpe is alot of power in a traditional carbine sized rifle.

How loud is the rifle at full power?
Can't give you exact DB's but not loud at all with a Weihrauch XL mod fitted. Not whisper quiet but more than backyard friendly.

Very interesting information. I heard somewhere the regulated Reveres do not use the Harper sling shot type system but the nonregulated ones do...one of the AOA guys told me a couple of years ago if memory serves me...I didn't know anything about a 40fpe option in .22 and 195b reg setting just doesn't sound right...I'm sorry you ran into issues with such a well respected air gun...I have two Regals one regulated and one nonregulated both sling shot systems, I prefer the unregulated one...I've had reg creep issues with the regulated one. Please keep us updated on the comeuppance of this issue.
Don't know about the HUMA regulated versions not having the Harper valve but Daystate support did say 190-195 on reg is standard for these versions.

Don't know about the HUMA regulated versions not having the Harper valve but Daystate support did say 190-195 on reg is standard for these versions.
I don't dispute that "standard" fact, high Power Wolverines regs don't operate anywhere near that pressure at least the ones I've seen, my standard Wolv
177 is set at 150, my Huntsman
20s was at 140 for 25fpe...I'm just trying to understand what is going on here...obviously the thing isn't working right...

I don't dispute that "standard" fact, high Power Wolverines regs don't operate anywhere near that pressure at least the ones I've seen, my standard Wolv
177 is set at 150, my Huntsman
20s was at 140 for 25fpe...I'm just trying to understand what is going on here...obviously the thing isn't working right...
Appreciate that!
Here's Daystate's side:

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 14.56.54.png

Well, it sounds like Daystate sets up some 40 fpe .22 Revere rifles. IMO, this is a marketing result of the current high power popularity. If that power and shot count are what you want, nothing wrong with it, but it's not the way I would choose to enjoy the Revere platform. It sounds like someone tried to achieve high power performance by tuning up a standard power rifle, with the obvious results. Good luck with a satisfactory resolution.