• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Huntsman revere consistency question

I have a .177 caliber Revere unregulated. While I haven't documented velocity from full charge to minimum, I know that it's accuracy is consistent. If I bought another one, it would be unregulated.

P.S.: The unregulated version has a foster fill fitting while the regulated one uses one of those wonky probes.

Last edited:
I also own a Daystate Revere .177 unregulated . It seems to shoot very consistent from a 210 bar fill down to 100 bar. Without running it over a chronograph , I would say that there is very little spread in the velocity , based on it's accuracy. It is one of my favorites. Congrats on the inbound Revere . You'll love it.

KIMG3161 (1).JPG

Yeah my unregged .177 will do a 20fps curve from 200 bar at 870-880 fps up to 900 fps and back down to 880-870 at 150 bar. Your .25 will have a shorter curve. Best way to do it would be to start at max fill and shoot over a chrono till your velocity goes back down to start velocity. That will be your working curve. Pick the numbers in between where you have the lowest spread.

I have a Huntsman Regal .22 unregulated.

Attached is a shot string from 250 bar fill.

I also have a Huma reg for it. Huma reg did not noticeably improve shot count in .22 cal. So I took reg back out - as you can see it doesn’t need it.

I think .177 would benefit most from reg - in terms of improving shot count.

As you are thinking.25 cal, I’d skip the reg.

If you buy unregged and then add reg yourself, thats the best setup because you have foster fill. Use compressor gauge for fill pressure.

-Ed

Daystate 15_89.jpeg

IMG_2359.jpeg

I sometimes wonder about the whole regulated thing. I guess those new to it believe that an unregulated rifle is grossly deficient from the regulated options. Truth be told, given my uses, I would be just as well served without regulation, and could eliminate a variable from potential issues. It is of value to certain competitive shooters, and is certainly a marketing tool. We tend to believe we need those things marketed to us.

I have a Huntsman Regal .22 unregulated.

Attached is a shot string from 250 bar fill.

I also have a Huma reg for it. Huma reg did not noticeably improve shot count in .22 cal. So I took reg back out - as you can see it doesn’t need it.

I think .177 would benefit most from reg - in terms of improving shot count.

As you are thinking.25 cal, I’d skip the reg.

If you buy unregged and then add reg yourself, thats the best setup because you have foster fill. Use compressor gauge for fill pressure.

-Ed

View attachment 424648

View attachment 424649
Thank you. That’s excellent.

Reactions: jps2486
I would prefer that, but aoa has the .25 and the .177 on sale, not the .22.
In the end, you'll probably save money by buying the one you really want, even if it is not on sale. Most of us that do what you are about to do end up "correcting" the situation at some point in the future, costing more money than we would have spent if we did it "right" in the first place.

I think the fact that .22 is not on sale is likely indicative of how good a gun it is compared to the others . . .

A Revere in 22 is in my future. Hopefully I can get one that's unregulated. I'd prefer the foster fitting vs probe and the reg is just another failure point. Huma make good products, but I've has 2 go south on me in the past. One would creep, the other wouldn't adjust properly. Gave up on taking my gun apart 20x to try and get it were I wanted.

I’ve been thinking after reading these comments. I’d prefer a .22 but that’s out of my range so its .25 , but that has a lower than preferred shot count. The 177 cal is really underpowered for what I’d like, but maybe if it shot slugs well? Does anyone here have experience shooting slugs in a .177 cal huntsman revere?
I have the same conundrum. The 177 is cheaper, BUT I don't like 177. It's underpowered, doesn't buck the wind as easy, and is fiddly to load.

I already have 25 covered, so it's already ruled out on this platform. It's also on the lower power side of 25s, them factor in the shot count is lower.

I look at it like this. If you can muster up $1100 plus tax and shipping for the gun you will settle for, why not spend the extra $400 or so to get the gun you actually want? I'm not patient either lol

Reactions: airprsr
I have the same conundrum. The 177 is cheaper, BUT I don't like 177. It's underpowered, doesn't buck the wind as easy, and is fiddly to load.

I already have 25 covered, so it's already ruled out on this platform. It's also on the lower power side of 25s, them factor in the shot count is lower.

I look at it like this. If you can muster up $1100 plus tax and shipping for the gun you will settle for, why not spend the extra $400 or so to get the gun you actually want? I'm not patient either lol
Ha Ha. I wont tell my wife where you live for your safety. 😋
But seriously I’ve gotta know when to quit. If you’d see the airguns I’ve bought in the last two years you’d understand.
Im able to get this as a “trade” on a bushbuck I’m selling. Conscience won’t let me shell out another 400

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein