• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huntsman Regal magazine jam

I was shooting starlings and I drew my bolt back to load another pellet from my magazine and I couldn’t push it into place. The bolt only went forward halfway. Now I’ve had that problem before and all I had to do was draw the bolt back again and push it forward. Well, I tried that but again the bolt only went forward halfway no matter how many times I tried. So the gun is jammed and what’s worse I can’t even remove the magazine. I looked in the manual and it said the gun is designed for dome shaped pellets. I was shooting a wadcutter, so I’m thinking my pellet choice is to blame. But any ideas on how I might release this jam? Thanks

Can you remove the barrel? There's a video of Ernest on youtube taking the barrel/action off the air tube, looks involved.

I've had this happen when I first got my Royale, hindsight I should have just removed the barrel. I just pulled the probe back once home and gently knocked the magazine back out. It damaged the little lip on the bottom of the mag but no serious damage done ended up cutting the damaged pellet in half. You probably have a pellet halfway in the barrel and the mag cycled behind it causing it to try to double load past a jacked up pellet. Gentle taps using a little piece of wood with your probe fully back onto your mag is a last resort. If your probe is fully back the only thing between the mag and barrel can be a pellet.

Definitely don't try to force it with the probe.

I can’t get wadcutters to shoot out of my regal, I don’t think I could hit a basketball at 25 yards. Try pushing it back with a wooden dowel. When I got my regal the mag would not cycle and it had burr on the little metal lever that actuated it on the bottom of the mag. Took the mag apart and filed the burr and it has worked flawlessly since. Try cycling it manually when you get it out.

You got it , thats is correct , jam the bolt forward
or get a cleaning rod and knock that pellet backwards
I for one would just push the bolt forward and 
then shoot the pellet out and never shoot a wadcutter
again without the single shot tray . Good luck 

I've done the same thing to my Regal and I just
don't shoot wadcutters any more . 

Hey guys again thank you for all your help. I tried all your suggestions. What worked, and it was so simple, was turning my gun on its my left side and gently tapping the magazine with a piece of wood wrapped in duck tape. It popped right out undamaged. But boy was that wadcutter mangled. I did put the gun on a sleeping horseshoe cushion with the magazine and the scope placed between the two tines of the horseshoe to minimize shock to the scope. Again that magazine was so jammed up, for it to pop out so easily was stunning to me.

The moral to the story read the online manual, not just the brochure provided with your gun, before you shoot!