Hunting with rangefinding Binoculars Kilo 3000

I recently purchased the Sig kilo 3000 10x power rangefinding binoculars second hand, And have not touched my other range finders ever since.

The great news:
- they Range better than anything I’ve ever used including sparrows on a telephone wire at 150 yards
- They are extremely fast and accurate
- They connect to the sig phone app on your phone…
- you can store multiple gun profiles so that when you arrange a target it tells you the hold over right after giving you the distance… and it works! YES!!!
- great optics but a step below Swarovski. I would put them on par with a vortex Viper line
- pretty easy to setup and they wil blu tooth to scopes and the kestrel
- great battery life

The few drawbacks:
- little on heavy side
-$1100 ish new

All in all this is one of the best purchases I’ve made in years. It is transforms the hunting experience by not having to consult charts or streelok

If you do a lot of shooting and ranging at different distances … this is well worth the purchase
Brad
SLC

AB87983F-BA43-4E63-95C5-AFA567F7C9C1.jpeg

49BAFB53-77CC-4CFA-B52E-63E3AA2E7AAF.jpeg

The BDX feature is awesome, I use the rangefinder, not the binoculars, the ballistic App only uses G1 for the BC, I hope they add more drag coefficient functions, GA for pellets, but the click value are pretty close.

I agree with you, this is a life changer. I love mine. The range finder can be found in the $300 price range if you are patient on your search.

Last edited:
Reactions: RM.510bigbore
If your buying the bdx range finding binoculars you might as well get there bdx scope and have automatic holdover instead of dialing. The bdx scopes have been out for awile. I don't think they have been very popular. You can find some pretty good deals used on ebay. My 2 cents. I almost went the bdx route. But instead got a cold shot mil adjustable base with sightmark wraith wanted nighttime capabilities. Its takes slot of time to dial elevation when hunting. Auto adjustment is super handy.😁

I have the Kilo5K, best investment I've made for a range finder. I agree, I love instant range and holdover info right inside the lens.

How accurate is the built-in ballistic calculator on the kilo5k? if you can compare it with the Strelok Pro software. I really want to pick up the KILO5K for its Ballistic Solution. Range it, dial it, and send it. Instead of Range it, take out your phone to use Strelok Pro, dial it, and then send it.

Last edited:
How accurate is the built-in ballistic calculator on the kilo5k? if you can compare it with the Strelok Pro software. I really want to pick up the KILO5K for its Ballistic Solution. Range it, dial it, and send it. Instead of Range it, take out your phone to use Strelok Pro, dial it, and then send it.
It works very well, of course just like StrelokPro, the more accurate you are with your inputs, the better it is. But it also has the ability to true up your dope after field testing, most of the time is pretty dang spot on. I use it for powder burners mostly but have a few airgun profiles in it as well. You will not be dissapointed.

I recently purchased the Sig kilo 3000 10x power rangefinding binoculars second hand, And have not touched my other range finders ever since.

The great news:
- they Range better than anything I’ve ever used including sparrows on a telephone wire at 150 yards
- They are extremely fast and accurate
- They connect to the sig phone app on your phone…
- you can store multiple gun profiles so that when you arrange a target it tells you the hold over right after giving you the distance… and it works! YES!!!
- great optics but a step below Swarovski. I would put them on par with a vortex Viper line
- pretty easy to setup and they wil blu tooth to scopes and the kestrel
- great battery life

The few drawbacks:
- little on heavy side
-$1100 ish new

All in all this is one of the best purchases I’ve made in years. It is transforms the hunting experience by not having to consult charts or streelok

If you do a lot of shooting and ranging at different distances … this is well worth the purchase
Brad
SLC

View attachment 287551

View attachment 287552
I'm interested in your Wildcat but can't pm you. Can you pm me.

I bought the Nikon Range Finder binoculars about 2 tears ago. I got one that had been refurbished and was around $800. I cringed at the time but they are worth every penny. I think I got them at B&H or Camera Land - one of the New York camera shops. They are heavy but since you use 2 eyes and 2 hands it helps stabilize them when you push the button to take a reading. Whenever I pushed the button on my old finder it would drop the view down below the target if it was small. Also, the glass in the binoculars is fantastic. I primarily use them ground squirrel hunting. I use FFP scopes and Hold Overs so the correct distance is critical.