Hunting Turkeys with Element Optics and FX Crown IV8888 Limited Edition MKII Arrow Gun!

Watch this:

My FX Crown MKII IV8888 Limited Edition Arrow Gun and Element Optics Helix HD scope performed flawlessly, but you gotta watch this video to believe what happens at the end. To fully appreciate the level of frustration and the final outcome over 2500 miles of this east coast hunting trip grinding away in the hunting woods, you need to watch the entire video. The highest of highs and the lowest of lows.

The East Coast Element Optics competition and hunting tour will go down as one of the most EPIC memories I will ever have as a sportsman. My optics and FX Airguns performed flawlessly, but the curse of the illusive mountain gobbler followed me back to snowy Northern Michigan. In every hunter's life, there is one hunting trip that will stand out in their memory as the one that you had to be there to believe. For me, this was that hunt and I fortunately (or unfortunately) captured the entire fiasco on video. This was the Turkey season of 2023 and it was marked with some really good moments that I will always remember and some REALLY and I mean REALLY hard hunting lessons that need to be learned.

The journey started off on a really high of highs as I competed in the Northeast Airgun Classic winning my Pro Class relay in the 100 yard benchrest event and making the finals where I came out with a top 10 finish. But the second I put on my camo and headed to the woods, the series of events that unfolded will have to be watched to believed. Join me on this journey as I highlight some really awesome gear from Element Optics and demonstrate the versatility of the Element Helix HD hunting scope. After this journey, I can say with full confidence that scope is the most versatile hunting optic on the market. I can also say with full confidence that as a Turkey hunter, I am cursed. Period. #seeitsendit #fxairguns #airgunhunting

@UpNorthAirGunner I was watching this in-and-out of sleep this morning, but I caught some cool parts. Nice job stalking that bird up and down those hills and executing with an arrow gun. I really enjoyed the shot on the hog with the Benjamin Airbow M600 on that Lethal Air Hunt. The range and energy obtained and delivered with that arrow/broadhead combo was great to see.

Did that 100 yard shot with the .58 Mr. HollowPoint slug put the hog down or was a follow up shot necessary? I couldn’t tell if it was a gut shot maybe taking out the liver or if it possibly nicked the lungs. The way it froze and rolled him I’m thinking liver.

Nice work!! I’ll have to try and watch this straight through later tonight.

@UpNorthAirGunner I was watching this in-and-out of sleep this morning, but I caught some cool parts. Nice job stalking that bird up and down those hills and executing with an arrow gun. I really enjoyed the shot on the hog with the Benjamin Airbow M600 on that Lethal Air Hunt. The range and energy obtained and delivered with that arrow/broadhead combo was great to see.

Did that 100 yard shot with the .58 Mr. HollowPoint slug put the hog down or was a follow up shot necessary? I couldn’t tell if it was a gut shot maybe taking out the liver or if it possibly nicked the lungs. The way it froze and rolled him I’m thinking liver.

Nice work!! I’ll have to try and watch this straight through later tonight.
Ya the camera angle was weird since the person who was zoomed in on the hog was off to the far left, the shot angle looked really far back. It actually hit its neck forward of the shoulder and spined it. Watch it again full screen and you will see another cool thing is that it shot through the branch of a tree! That might of been the impact you thought you saw. That POOF! was actually a tree branch!

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Ya the camera angle was weird since the person who was zoomed in on the hog was off to the far left, the shot angle looked really far back. It actually hit its neck forward of the shoulder and spined it. Watch it again full screen and you will see another cool thing is that it shot through the branch of a tree! That might have been the impact you thought you saw. That POOF! was actually a tree branch!
@MileHighAirGunner I had to watch that shot several times in slow mo to catch the angle of the projectile. Finally caught it. I saw the branch hit the first time, but missed the angle of the projectile’s flight. That was some really good expansion on that slug too and a nicely placed long-distance shot!! Thanks for sharing your turkey hunt. I’d like to try hunting a few different type of birds with airguns. Turkey has been on my radar for a couple years, but out local population has been struggling for decades.

That’s also a really great looking gun.