• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

hunting rig set up

I know this will be pretty petty to some, if so Please forgive me. I'm pretty anal when it comes to irreversable modifications to a new gun. I don't want to do something Ill regret later. I just bought a Gamo Coyote for hunting. I want to install some sling swivels on it. My dilemma is, do i put 1 or 2 on the front. I may want to use a bipod later, IDK. If I install 2 front studs what spacing do i use? Is there a standard or rule of thumb for the spacing?

Several months ago I bought a Boyd's gun stock for my 17 HMR and the stock came with two sling studs on the front of the stock. I've been around guns my hold life, and I have never thought to put two sling studs on the front part of the stock. For me, having two sling studs is really handy, I can mount a bipod and still carry the gun with a sling. In the future, I may install an extra sling stud on all my rifles