• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hunting question for California

You can legally take eurasian collared dove and quail with an airgun in CA, but not other species of dove.

As for airguns in a shotgun only areas, I suspect the answer is yes. But that is just a guess and you should call DFW to have that question answered. The shotgun only designation is meant to prevent rimfire or center fire firearms from being used in those areas for safety reasons. Airguns are not considered firearms in CA so it seems reasonable they would be permitted.....but CA isn’t known for its reasonable hunting laws.

R

I would call Dept of Fish and Game in the area your interested in. I've been in contact with them about Night Vision on the scope. I spoke with the main office who put me with the local office and I had a great conversation with the Warden. Very helpful and understood what I was going on about.

It could be the only thing in California that works well. Although it did take him a couple days to get back to me. ;)

Smitty