Hunting Pistols

Talon P. One shot, one kill.

Screenshot_20220710-141245_Samsung Internet.jpg

I agree with both choices above, especially the TalonP for high power.
But you won’t have any follow up shots.
I’d say the HW44 in .22 would be a decent choice.
Enough power to penetrate the skull at a reasonable range and angle, and nine follow up shots.
If you botched the first shot at least you could possibly get one or two more into the vitals before it got away.
The pistol is very accurate and has a rail underneath for other doll clothes ( that’s what my brother calls accessories ) lol!
With the Ultra dot sight this is a fast handling and really accurate pistol.
FA36CE23-1931-4570-9AEB-23A96B5B5B03.jpeg

Ataman Ap16 17-20fpe easy & accurate 50yd pistol. Kalibrgun Ocelot 16-22fpe singleshot 50yd super accurate pistol. Both .22cal both have taken medium sized varmint from trash panda raccoons, stinky opossums in the Inland Empire of SoCal to tough-ass beavers in Northern Nevada and big elusive nutria out in Louisiana.
Third one is my 2240 rat killer. I wouldn't use on anything big than a rat or bullfrog.
IMG_20200621_195401_740.jpg

I just did a little test at 25 yards and 15 yards using the HW44 .22 pistol.
The two kinds of wood are red fir and pallet oak.
At 25 yards shooting JSB monsters 25.39 grain pellets they went into the red fir about a pellets length, and they only dented the pallet oak and bounced off.
I then moved the target to 15 yards and shot again.
The pellets went two pellet lengths into the red fir and still only dented the pallet oak, ( but the dents are devastating ) look at the spent pellets and the expansion!
My opinion is that the HW44 .22 will smoke a raccoon at 15 yards with a perfect headshot.
But it’s risky and not as effective at 25 yards, still enough power at 25 yards, but the possibility of just wounding the raccoon is much greater.
You’re going to need to be able to hit a quarter every single time at 25 yards to be humane, I can do it off of bags from my bench but you won’t have that when hunting.
I started the test using a red dot, and it allowed me to get on the target quickly and effectively at 15 yards, but it certainly wasn’t accurate enough at 25 yards.
I put on a scope and did much better at 25 yards because I could see the crosshairs on a quarter sized target.
But with the red dot the quarter was completely covered by the red dot, and in my opinion not good enough for humane kills.
This was a really fun test to do!

4CA62561-3DF2-4C5E-B204-9EBAE42EB7B8.jpeg

17375C70-3629-4705-B1C5-B64F027B70D8.jpeg

70C0BEEB-A2F2-4936-9934-44B872432BFF.jpeg

I just did a little test at 25 yards and 15 yards using the HW44 .22 pistol.
The two kinds of wood are red fir and pallet oak.
At 25 yards shooting JSB monsters 25.39 grain pellets they went into the red fir about a pellets length, and they only dented the pallet oak and bounced off.
I then moved the target to 15 yards and shot again.
The pellets went two pellet lengths into the red fir and still only dented the pallet oak, ( but the dents are devastating ) look at the spent pellets and the expansion!
My opinion is that the HW44 .22 will smoke a raccoon at 15 yards with a perfect headshot.
But it’s risky and not as effective at 25 yards, still enough power at 25 yards, but the possibility of just wounding the raccoon is much greater.
You’re going to need to be able to hit a quarter every single time at 25 yards to be humane, I can do it off of bags from my bench but you won’t have that when hunting.
I started the test using a red dot, and it allowed me to get on the target quickly and effectively at 15 yards, but it certainly wasn’t accurate enough at 25 yards.
I put on a scope and did much better at 25 yards because I could see the crosshairs on a quarter sized target.
But with the red dot the quarter was completely covered by the red dot, and in my opinion not good enough for humane kills.
This was a really fun test to do!

View attachment 278212

View attachment 278213

View attachment 278214
It’s hard to see how deep the dents are in the oak, and the spent pellets are laying on top of the oak in one picture and you can see they did penetrate the oak at 15 yards.
The red dot was plenty accurate at 15 yards and was better than the scope for fast shots.
Super deadly set up for 15 yards for sure.

Reactions: Steveoo