Hunting in south Florida

Hi, I am coming to south Florida from the uk in June. Can anyone tell me what I can hunt . Small game rabbits iguana that sort of thing. Can I get a licence when I get there. I saw one advertisement saying you can pay 3 dollars on a daily scheme. I know in Florida you don't need a licence to buy a gun , any paperwork I need to get before the time etc. Thanks for any help . I would welcome any chance to meet anyone interested in a day out . Thanks John.

You're going to miss spring turkey, its over end of April, nutter season is over in march, but coon, opossum, nutria, skunk, beaver, and razor back hog go on all year long. Most all these smaller critters will be very hard to find in the glades or wma areas during daytime hunting. In the s FL everglades all these critters have been disseminated by big boa's. Its very rare to see a coon in the everglades nowadays. 15-20 years ago coons/furry critters were everywhere in the everglades even in the daytime.

You asked about iguana. Well, they're in a grey area being a way out of control evasive species/nuisance pests and can be eliminated as such. They infest the suburbs and golf courses in many S fl areas and its common for them to be shot with AG there. But shooting/carrying a ag gun in public suburbs city limits is not legal or a smart idea. Regs on actual hunting them in a wma or public lands is not clear last I looked. Might want to look that up before proceeding, you might be able to find someplace you can hunt them.

So, for you coming here in June, looking to do some hunting,, its Hogs,,, yuuge ones. 

Nite hog hunting in south central FL In early june,,, be prepared for some hot 85-90° humid nites in June in sFL. And keep in mind we are not the only ones taking hogs here...

1551114512_21448602005c74211075b808.51788215_gator by kissemee river.jpg