• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hunting for a Bullpup

Looking for a bullpup In .22 cal. I'm fading away from fx there products have to many problems. (based on my experience with them) I was looking at the daystate pulsar but I'm unsure of the electronic system. I would give the electronic system a try but I wanna know what else is out there. I just want the best bullpup I can get. Money isn't a big issue. Any suggestions?

"kyler2643"Looking for a bullpup In .22 cal. I'm fading away from fx there products have to many problems. (based on my experience with them) I was looking at the daystate pulsar but I'm unsure of the electronic system. I would give the electronic system a try but I wanna know what else is out there. I just want the best bullpup I can get. Money isn't a big issue. Any suggestions?
Air Arms are launching a BP next week at shot show.

I have a Pulsar and have had no electronic problems except for the red led "armed" warning light being very dim. In a dark room I can just about see a faint glow. After two months of being informed, Daystate, Italy, have still not come up with a fix!

Other than that, electronically, the Pulsar has worked fine. 

Mine, on Medium power, gives 100 shots at 30 ft-lb using AA 16 grain pellets. Accuracy and zero stability cannot be faulted.

Also it has a three year warranty. 

I think there are two reasons for choosing a bullpup over a rifle: Overall length and weight. The Pulsar is typical Daystate rugged but it weighs over 8 lbs and the Cricket is also overly heavy with the current stock design (another reason to wait until after SHOT are the rumors that Kalibrgun may be addressing the weight issue). Since you want to stay away from FX (I share that sentiment BTW) I would recommend the Vulcan as the only modern bolt-forward design. However, I would second the recommendations hinted at by others to wait until after SHOT before making any decision.

Hunting for a bullpup is easy, they are drawn in by a pile of cash sprinkled with pellets. =) .

Personally if a rifle ( pup) is too light it is much harder to hold steady. I had a very incorrect ( and I knew it ahead of time but health reasons came into play) that I could keep shooting FT if the rig was light enough so I built a crosman 1720T to 12fpe ( 11.7fpe really) got 24 shots per fill and grouped well off the bags if I did my part. TOO darn light, had to PULL it into my shoulder to be steady standing as with a heavier rig would just sit still on my hand do to it's weight. Yes weight is a trade off if hunting but if you are healthy "I" really wouldn't want a rifle under say 8lb.

Other airgun folks near you? Any matchs within a couple of Hour's? WELL worth the drive to test fire some airgun before buying.

Just a thought.

John

"kyler2643"Looking for a bullpup In .22 cal. I'm fading away from fx there products have to many problems. (based on my experience with them) I was looking at the daystate pulsar but I'm unsure of the electronic system. I would give the electronic system a try but I wanna know what else is out there. I just want the best bullpup I can get. Money isn't a big issue. Any suggestions?
I would ask, 1. for target or hunting, 2.then what FPE would you need, 3.then what range.
For me I can 1. punch paper or hunt 2.with enough power 3.at ranges that powder guns would have a time with. My longest shot is a turtle head at 130yards.
.22 is a good cal. I have a .25
Cons to my gun is that some clubs have min. on power and size and sometimes weight.
As far as dependability, had to replace an o ring on the fill valve. Cost less than 5cents and it was my fault for the problem. I’ve been shooting mine for a year. Here is a target 
C5ZSNEM.jpg
[/url]"> from about a year ago, and it just gets better. Here is a vid of something I did a few weeks ago with my new cam. Its not but 25yrds but the dots are smaller than a .177. 

The Vulcan is awesome, just not FULLY vetted, but I suspect having simularites to the Cricket it will refine very quickly. The lack of manual safety on the Cricket has never been an issue for me. Fill to 240 bar, fill the mag and fire one shot, now the safety is on. From this point forward, if you cock it, you MUST shoot it. Very simple and easy replacement to a sear block. This is what makes the Cricket so great...it is simple.

I to was trying to decide on a Bullpup. This was PRIOR to the launch of the FX Wildcat and Impact. I was comparing the Cricket, Edgun and Vulcan. I chose the Vulcan and am VERY happy with my gun.

This is why I chose Vulcan: Forward bolt Cock indicator Safety Can you de-cock Warranty

Vulcan Yes Yes Yes Yes 2yrs
Cricket No No No No sorry can't remember
Edgun No No No No 1yr 

Regarding the warranty I purchased one in June 2015, used it 3 months or so 700 or 800 rounds and had AT leak at Manometer and close to Reg. I sent it to my dealer and he called manufacturer for parts to fix. I'm thinking manufacturer was busy with getting the newer improved version out at the time...some call it Gen 2 and instead of making me wait my Dealer sent me a new rifle last week of October. It was a Gen 2 to my surprise and this was how the dealer and manufacturer responded. I did not complain to dealer at the time nor did I trash the manufacturer I just waited about 2 weeks for a resolution. Of course the original Vulcan was only 3 months into the warranty.

"AAS510_IRL"
Air Arms are launching a BP next week at shot show.
Is this true?

Where did the info come from?

Hopefully it's a pig ugly mess, I really don't need another gun..

"Beach-gunner"I to was trying to decide on a Bullpup. This was PRIOR to the launch of the FX Wildcat and Impact. I was comparing the Cricket, Edgun and Vulcan. I chose the Vulcan and am VERY happy with my gun.

This is why I chose Vulcan: Forward bolt Cock indicator Safety Can you de-cock Warranty

Vulcan Yes Yes Yes Yes 2yrs
Cricket No No No No sorry can't remember
Edgun No No No No 1yr 

Regarding the warranty I purchased one in June 2015, used it 3 months or so 700 or 800 rounds and had AT leak at Manometer and close to Reg. I sent it to my dealer and he called manufacturer for parts to fix. I'm thinking manufacturer was busy with getting the newer improved version out at the time...some call it Gen 2 and instead of making me wait my Dealer sent me a new rifle last week of October. It was a Gen 2 to my surprise and this was how the dealer and manufacturer responded. I did not complain to dealer at the time nor did I trash the manufacturer I just waited about 2 weeks for a resolution. Of course the original Vulcan was only 3 months into the warranty.
I can de-cock my Edgun. With or without a pellet in the barrel if I chamber one. It also has a side lever to stop rotation of the clip. As far as the warranty, I think that its up to 10,000 shots or so many yrs. I check and get back.