Hunting Bucket List

Was conversing with @L.Leon about his experience rat hunting, and expressed that I had not been ratting before. It got me thinking about the hunts I would like to do. So I am think about a bucket list of airgun hunts. My favorites are invasive, and damaging species, but not limited to that
Already checked off:
1. Starlings, this is my regular quarry
2. Ground squirrels
3. Rock Chucks/ Marmot
4. Pigeon

Still on the bucket list:
1. Rats, night stalking sounds like a lot of fun.
2. Iguana, followed by a BBQ.
3. Wild pig/boar.
4. Deer.
5. Coyote

Anyone else have a bucket list? What is the favorite hunt you have done? Out of the ones I have done my favorite was pigeon. With Starling I rarely get more than one at at a time. They are too smart and flee after the first one not to return for hours. Damn things even see me coming with the gun and take off. Pigeons on the other hand will just fly around to another spot an let me shot them there. I have only been pigeon hunting a few times, got 8-10 pigeons in a hunt, collected all of them and dressed them and ate them. Not bad eating actually.

Reactions: Deleted 45061
Sandhill crane
Snow goose
Pheasant
Cougar
Bobcat
Wild turkeys from the jungle of Yucatan
Antelope
Mule deer
Badger
European wild boar
Sonora desert wild sheep
Audad sheep
African Antelopes.

Very few of them I maight get. But if I have the chance I will make the effort.

I am getting older and wirder, my increasing passión for shooting with airgun has also develop an increasing aversión for dead animals. Therefore each time I take less animals.
Any dove or squirrel that is to close is immediatelly pardon.

I got to know that my challenge in making a shot, my immediate success satisfacción, implies an impact in the scenary with imposible "undo". As a consequence each time I am taking less animals.

I am getting older and wirder...

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted 45061
Apart from travelling to Texas where I can use my big bores on large game, an airgun coyote is on my bucket list. I'm embarrassed to say, but there are a LOT of them right in my back yard. I've been holding off on using my powder burner as A) it's too easy, and B) I REALLY want to call one in and knock it down with my Texan .308. Coyotes being what they are (smart), I haven't tainted them with calls yet as I want to do the perfect setup and not screw the pooch. Doubtful I'll get a second chance if I do.

I DID manage to put an NSA 26.8 slug into a 'yote out of my .25 Impact a few months ago; offhand shot at about 60 yards. It was a spontaneous encounter with no time get a rest and attempt a head shot. I centerpunched it pretty hard in the chest/upper neck (it was looking at me straight on) but it rolled down the hill and got up and ran off. Next time I'll use the appropriate horsepower.

@Emu that is a big bucket list. I had forgotten about wild turkey. That is added to my bucket list now.
I have taken 4 wild turkeys from the north of Mexico with air rifle, both those from Yucatan are very different.

e09ta7.jpg

Doblete Guajolote Tío Tacho abril 2017.jpg
DSC00028.JPG
DSC_0284.JPG
Jabalíes 6 y 7 Los García ene 2020.jpg
2o Jabali yo.jpg
Coyote 7.01.22 Hades Cal .30.jpeg

If you have not seen my hunting videos, here it is the link:

Last edited:
Reactions: Hal4son
Wow, it's amazing the freedom that you enjoy in the US....! Please, keep it safe from bureaucrats, certain politicians, and people that like to produce laws and restrictions to justify that society needs them.
And don't follow Germany where the people actually seem to revel in having signs just about everywhere that prohibit just about everything ("Deutschland im Schilderwald").

So, yeah, my options of killing game are severely limited.
If I lived in Germany, I probably would go to prison if I hunted a deer with an airgun.
But I live in Peru, and airgun hunting is allowed, but with very limited options what you can shoot. (Seems like the German tree huggers arrived here before I could get into airgun hunting.)

So, a hunting bucket list...? I don't think that's a viable pursuit in this country — I'm just glad I get to shoot ANYTHING!! 😄

Matthias

Reactions: SHOMER