hunting at night in mixed light night vision no good how about thermal?

I am hunting at night in a place where there is alot of light pollution. 

i tried an ATN scope that worked great when there was perfect darkness. it was useless where i actually hunt. there are alot lights .. shadows and complete darkness. but i have to look through places with light to see into the dark where the critters lurk. i tried the atn it just did not work in the low light mixed situation. 

i think thermal would be the solution but i only have $700.

is the solution to go to thermal?

i am looking at this

https://www.amazon.com/Leupold-LTO-Tracker-Thermal-Viewer/dp/B07N8JGF96/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1SUBOHT2UI1FR&dchild=1&keywords=thermal+monocular&qid=1603895641&sprefix=thermal+%2Caps%2C167&sr=8-3

my thought is at least i could see the critters coming.. so i would have more time to watch them 

any thoughts ? any thoughts on scopes or other tactics i can use to hunt in low light situations with shadow/darkness 50 yards out and low light with in 50 yards? 

thanks for any help and thanks for taking a look 

Thermal is way better then using an IR light. I have a thermal monocular similar to the LTO and its not that good. At that price range for a thermal, picture will be really pixelated. 

I have this scope and its a great budget thermal scope:

https://utahairguns.com/atn-thor-lt-thermal-hunting-scope/

For under 200 yards, this scope works great for our lower powered pellet guns. 

If you are having trouble with too much light using the ATN 4K or something else? Try the 4K front lens cap with a smallish hole drilled in the center this might be a solution. From what I have read this mod has werqed out well for some with your troubles. 

Nothing wrong with a thermal monocular though as they usually make it much easier to find the critters.

The only other thing I would add is be careful with the illuminator you are using it's easy to over illuminate things.

A cheaper thermal monocular like the lto to spot and the 4kpro as a sight would work decent if you could mount the lto alongside the 4K. Otherwise you’ll spend a lot of time trying to find what you thought was a target animal only to discover it was a rock.

ATN ThOR LT is decent but you have to know your ranging ahead of time. I’ve mounted my ThOR LT to the side of my 4K and other than being awkward, weighing 20lbs, and if mounted to a higher end gun totaling more than a nice used car it worked well. 

What size critters are you looking to target? I have an Leupold LTO and while it works well spotting rabbit size critters in my backyard it's pretty useless beyond 50 yards. Now a deer size target would be a visible target at that range. The unit works very well but it's just not a long range targeting device. ps it works great for tracking the target after the shot. Warm blood trails are easy to see in the dark and a critter hidden among brush in a dark environment is still easily seen. 

Hope this helps. 

thank you all. 

c_c_shooter.. thanks i'll get a red light

GLPPalinkas - i get pretty close shots at coyotes.. my shooting lane has low light out to 35 yards.. but the yotes are pretty good at lurking even at those close ranges. beyond 35 yards.. its complete darkness.. my idea is that i'll be ready for the shot if i see them before they are visible to me. i can expect them to come in etc etc. also... taking a bunny that's hard to see is also an option. 

let me know if that all makes sense

I am hunting at night in a place where there is alot of light pollution. 

i tried an ATN scope that worked great when there was perfect darkness. it was useless where i actually hunt. there are alot lights .. shadows and complete darkness. but i have to look through places with light to see into the dark where the critters lurk. i tried the atn it just did not work in the low light mixed situation. 

i think thermal would be the solution but i only have $700.

is the solution to go to thermal?

i am looking at this

https://www.amazon.com/Leupold-LTO-Tracker-Thermal-Viewer/dp/B07N8JGF96/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1SUBOHT2UI1FR&dchild=1&keywords=thermal+monocular&qid=1603895641&sprefix=thermal+%2Caps%2C167&sr=8-3

my thought is at least i could see the critters coming.. so i would have more time to watch them 

any thoughts ? any thoughts on scopes or other tactics i can use to hunt in low light situations with shadow/darkness 50 yards out and low light with in 50 yards? 

thanks for any help and thanks for taking a look

actually Leupold tracker can be used for aiming too, because it has crosshair , it is OK for shorter ranges, here is a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMpAiRwba5A