• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

hunter field target

i just dont understand the 20 ft lb limit i know they say it will mess the targets up but targets can be made to with stand a 22 cal rifle eaxily so using what most of us would use for general hunting. you know 29 or so ftlb 22 40 or so 25 cal or 50 or so ft lb 30 cal not many of us hunt with 20 or less ft lb 177 rifles its a 22 at the minimum
You shoot HFT with max 12FPE and no change making at your scope while you are in the match and no distances known.
At least, that is how it should be.

Reactions: beerthief
In the USA the established organization for Field Target is the AAFTA. And the games are World WFTF class being a >12fpe game, Open class & Hunter class that allow >20 fpe. PCP & Piston divisions in all.

Only in recent years as Air Gun use has grown have there been interest in similar competitions above the established 12 or 20 fpe limits.
Field target as well bench rest ....

It is called EXTREME Field target & Benchrest and the game is in it's infancy with a few clubs around the country doing limited shoots.

The AAFTA is not likely to EVER change there viewpoint or rules to allow higher power in the established game & distances of AAFTA sanctioned competition.

Far as I know there is no airgun competition using rules conforming to your personal preferences. But don't feel bad, because there are no airgun competitions conforming to ANYONE'S personal preferences; including MINE!:mad:🤬

And that's despite the fact I've invented/founded at least three kinds of airgun competitions, heavily influenced rules-sets of at least a half-dozen airgun competitions, explained and defended COUNTLESS TIMES on this forum, books, and elsewhere how and why this or that rule came to be and the COMMON SENSE behind them, and written and stated many times "every competitor lobbies for rules ADVANTAGING THEMSELF".

Of course joining the fun as it exists (or not) is each shooter's prerogative. Or you could do what I've done multiple times and start a competition program that appeals to you.

RR card.jpg

TAS card.jpg

By the way, consider this your personal invitation to join the fun at my matches. I offer five varieties of airgun competitions; perhaps you could find one of them to your liking. Airgunners from six states (and growing) do.

Full Group GP.jpeg

Also by the way, in my near half-century of airgun, cycling, and archery competition experiences I've found excuses a convenient way for those suffering competition anxiety (fear of being embarrassed) to avoid entering competitions. By doing so, they never know what they're missing.

Last edited:
Far as I know there is no airgun competition using rules conforming to your personal preferences. But don't feel bad, because there are no airgun competitions conforming to ANYONE'S personal preferences; including MINE!:mad:🤬

And that's despite the fact I've invented/founded at least three kinds of airgun competitions, heavily influenced rules-sets of at least a half-dozen airgun competitions, explained and defended COUNTLESS TIMES on this forum, books, and elsewhere how and why this or that rule came to be and the COMMON SENSE behind them, and written and stated many times "every competitor lobbies for rules ADVANTAGING THEMSELF".

Of course joining the fun as it exists (or not) is each shooter's prerogative. Or you could do what I've done multiple times and start a competition program that appeals to you.

View attachment 378752

View attachment 378754

By the way, consider this your personal invitation to join the fun at my matches. I offer five varieties of airgun competitions; perhaps you could find one of them to your liking. Airgunners from six states (and growing) do.

View attachment 378756
I heard "clicking" isn't allowed in Hunter Rifle or Pistol? Is that true...? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Byrd
I'm constantly amazed that other people agreed that you were smart enough to come up with rules for things. The more I get to know you, the more I wish I would have known you back then.

Way back then Scott, there were actually other people smart enough to recognize my smarts.:unsure: Now very few folks even recognize humor; much less mine. That you do says a lot, Bud.(y)

Hope you enjoyed yourself Saturday, CHAMP! Been impressing a lot of folks with that treasure-trove of Match Winner prizes you captured with that impressive display of sproinger shooting skills?

Sure enjoyed having you!

Way back then Scott, there were actually other people smart enough to recognize my smarts.:unsure: Now very few folks even recognize humor; much less mine. That you do says a lot, Bud.(y)

Hope you enjoyed yourself Saturday, CHAMP! Been impressing a lot of folks with that treasure-trove of Match Winner prizes you captured with that impressive display of sproinger shooting skills?

Sure enjoyed having you!
I had a great time. I think John shot better then I did. Maybe if he would start laughing at the match director's jokes, things would go his way. I was pretty proud of winning the shoot-off until I realized that John's scope wheel had turned into a Salvador Dali sculpture. Had I known that, I would have told him what I ranged it at. It would have been wrong, but I still would have told him.

I had a great time. I think John shot better then I did. Maybe if he would start laughing at the match director's jokes, things would go his way. I was pretty proud of winning the shoot-off until I realized that John's scope wheel had turned into a Salvador Dali sculpture. Had I known that, I would have told him what I ranged it at. It would have been wrong, but I still would have told him.
You're so nice