• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hunter Field Target in .22

Is it the regular Monster or the Redesigned? I’ve tried both in my Wolverine but haven’t come to a conclusion if there is a difference between the two, aside from higher fps from the regulars.

-Marty
The RD does not shoot as well as the original. the FX version is nearly the same and the quality control is better, so.that has become my pellet of choice Lastly they are usually a little less expensive…..for now

I would like to pipe in and say this. In the hunter class at 20 ft/lbs right now you would be at a disadvantage just because we can't rangefind as well as the Open and WFTF classes. If you used them in a class where you can dial in an exact range it might work better than the .177 just based of potential wind deflection. Then again, I have shot my worst score with a .22 but only tried it one time and didn't have the time to really dial it in or practice with it. Tom Hines would be a good one to pipe in. He use to use a FX in .22 5 or 6 years ago and did quite well with it but he usually does well with about anything he shoots.

I would like to pipe in and say this. In the hunter class at 20 ft/lbs right now you would be at a disadvantage just because we can't rangefind as well as the Open and WFTF classes. If you used them in a class where you can dial in an exact range it might work better than the .177 just based of potential wind deflection. Then again, I have shot my worst score with a .22 but only tried it one time and didn't have the time to really dial it in or practice with it. Tom Hines would be a good one to pipe in. He use to use a FX in .22 5 or 6 years ago and did quite well with it but he usually does well with about anything he shoots.
Thanks for the additional input. I’m going to stick to .177 for now, but if Extreme FT makes it big on the east coast I will reconsider.

-Marty