Hung on Yong Heng

So, about a month ago I broke down and ordered up one of those Yong Heng compressors, the simple version one. And everything was going along fine until the other day. I filled up my Gauntlet to 3000 psi no problem. I came back a few hours later and went to fill up my 850 M2 convert and that is when the problem occurred. I snapped the foster fitting in place (the release valve knob was open) and turned on the compressor and nada. The motor ran and air was coming out of the fill tube, but neither gauge was budging. Now, I did screw up a little and removed the fill tube while the compressor was on and a bit of water sprayed out of the end of the fill tube. Not sure if this could cause problems or not. Anyway, tore the thing down and could find no blown seals or o rings--I even inspected them with a magnifying glass. I could not take off all the top end parts as there was a gasket half stuck on the piston head that I didn't want to ruin--having no spare.

Air does spray out from the foster fitting of the fill tube even when attached to the gun, and if you wiggle it around I can abate that leaking but still, the air won't go into the tank. I have had this thing apart so many times I know it more intimately than my wife. But before this thing turns into a boat anchor and I run out and go broke buying a 98 cubic foot fill tank, I thought I better throw it out there and get some feed back.

Any ideas out there in internet land? Second stage problem? (?????)

Have no idea what to do next...Guy at YongHeng sent me a video to watch. Not helpful at all.

The simple version is not the best to buy as it does not include the cyclone water separator that the others have. I just pumps all of that nasty water and any oil that may be present right through the whole compressor system and into your gun or tank or filters as it might be

There are a couple of stacked o-rings in the foster fittings that should seal any leak there. If they leak replace them even if they look good. Even a small leak anywhere in the system, will stop your fill at some unknown pressure. 

You can spray the thing down with soapy water to find the leak. It is usually an o-ring or one of the dowty seals between the fittings and the blocks they are threaded into. 

You can also hook the thing up to your gun or use a deadhead fitting and run it for a short time then turn it off, without opening the purge valve and listen for the leak while the system is pressurized.

You can buy the parts likely on aliexpress, Cyclone filter, a couple of lines and a few fittings, to upgrade your unit to the Hardcover edition it is a much better unit.

Good luck

So, about a month ago I broke down and ordered up one of those Yong Heng compressors, the simple version one. And everything was going along fine until the other day. I filled up my Gauntlet to 3000 psi no problem. I came back a few hours later and went to fill up my 850 M2 convert and that is when the problem occurred. I snapped the foster fitting in place (the release valve knob was open) and turned on the compressor and nada. The motor ran and air was coming out of the fill tube, but neither gauge was budging. Now, I did screw up a little and removed the fill tube while the compressor was on and a bit of water sprayed out of the end of the fill tube. Not sure if this could cause problems or not. Anyway, tore the thing down and could find no blown seals or o rings--I even inspected them with a magnifying glass. I could not take off all the top end parts as there was a gasket half stuck on the piston head that I didn't want to ruin--having no spare.

Air does spray out from the foster fitting of the fill tube even when attached to the gun, and if you wiggle it around I can abate that leaking but still, the air won't go into the tank. I have had this thing apart so many times I know it more intimately than my wife. But before this thing turns into a boat anchor and I run out and go broke buying a 98 cubic foot fill tank, I thought I better throw it out there and get some feed back.

Any ideas out there in internet land? Second stage problem? (?????)

Have no idea what to do next...Guy at YongHeng sent me a video to watch. Not helpful at all.

Go to the "Air tank, pump and compressor " section. Tons of info and good reads.