Hump day group therapy, 10 shot groups

I saw a video someone posted here of a Steyr shooting really good groups at around 37 yards IIRC and punching paper is one of my favorite things so hey, I want to play too!

I currently have a Caldwell Stinger gun rest inbound and plan to stretch out to 100 yards soon. I've never been able to get MOA at 100, so we'll see.

I'd like to start recording the shooting so If anyone can recommend a good inexpensive scope camera mount I'm all ears. Would love a side shot but $180, yikes.

Also feel free to share pics of your groups / guns / conditions, etc.

Thank you!

Cliff

No wind, I mean dead calm perfect. FX Crown Continuum MKII, .25 700mm barrel, reg at 125 bar, JSB 25.34 grain

The last group I just wanted to punch the target out.

20210203_211527.1612410578.jpg

20210203_211713.1612410609.jpg

Reactions: NMshooter
Nice work.

Thank you Cornpone!

Great shooting Cliff!

this was shot quite a while ago but I love to show it because it shows how consistent the Streamline is. I need to do this again to see how it has held up.
These are 5 shot groups shot from a full fill. 55 shots total.

340ACC6C-7458-4F9C-ADC0-6FEC77D9BE05.1612416306.jpeg

Nice Greenarrow! That's awesome consistency! Love to see the pics, I know results like this are achievable and I feel like not everyone posts their groups like this due to skepticism or whatever but I wish more people like you would. I used to make some very poor home video's of me shooting and hopefully I'll be able to get into making some better ones to share here. Thanks again for the pic and great shooting! It isn't just the gun that is doing the work when it comes to consistency like that.

Cliff

Good shooting. Looks like you would be pretty darn close to MOA at 100 yards.

Thanks biohazardman! You'd think looking at these results that MOA at 100 would not seem that hard but the closest I've come is about 1.24 to 1.5 inches or so. Mostly around 1.5 inches, but that was also with an older FX Royale, although this Crown gets similar 50 yard results. It's been a while since I've tried and admittedly I haven't tried very much but I think I need a more stable platform / bench to shoot from and I think I need to put the gun in a rest as well. I know when I watch Ted's videos shooting at 100 his Point of Aim on the target is super stable and consistent with what seems like little effort so I'll be going back to check out some of his video's and see what he's doing. Thanks again for the encouragement, I'll report back with results hopefully soon.

Cliff

Wow, those are some smokin' 10 shot groups Cliff!!!!

Thanks Fuss! Trying to keep up with your Boss! 👍