Huma x FX

I would stick with FX regulator for the external and on the fly adjustability if nothing else. They have been rock solid for me so really don't see any reason to change. 

I do have a Huma regulator in one of my guns and it doesn't just creep it permanently adjust itself up once a while, pisses me off to no end. When I contacted Huma about it all I got was some instructions and excuses. FX on the other hand sent me an entire regulator rebuild kit when I told them one of the oring leaked, it turned out it just needed some grease so now I have a rebuild kit in my parts bin for over a year and haven't need to use it at all. 

I obviously will not ever buy another Huma regulator but that's just my experience YMMV!

I’ve ran and had good luck with both the stock FX and the Huma regulators. I can’t say I’ve noticed any better performance, consistency, or resistance to creep with either of them; they both work well if the o-rings, bellevilles, and sealing surfaces are in good shape.

However, when it comes time to service them I find the FX regulators are *far* easier to rebuild than the Huma because of where Huma locates the 2x o-rings that seal the adjusting screw to the body.

The FX regulators have the two o-rings that seal the adjuster screw to the regulator body on the adjuster screw itself, so they’re easy to change. Remove the screw complete with the 2x o-rings, remove the old o-rings from the adjuster screw, slide new o-rings onto the screw, and then reinstall the screw into the housing.

The Huma regulators on the other hand locate the 2 adjuster screw sealing o-rings inside the small bore of the aluminum outer regulator body. Now you have to get a pick way down into the housing to remove the old o-rings, and then it’s rather difficult to properly insert and seat fresh o-rings into the ID of the body. Because of the small ID of the body the o-rings want to keep folding over on themselves and not seat into the internal o-ring grooves… it usually turns into a fight. I recently had to rebuild a Huma regulator in a friend’s Crown and was cussing the entire time trying to replace the o-rings inside the ID of the outer housing. Also, if you don’t have sufficient lube and aren’t careful when reinstalling the adjuster screw in a Huma regulator the adjuster screw can pinch and shave those internal o-rings that you just had so much fun replacing. Go slow and if you feel *any* resistance while reinstalling the adjuster screw, you need to stop ASAP as you’re probably on the verge of pinching and cutting one of the internal o-rings in the reg body.

One thing I do like about the Huma regulators is that the sealing disc is cheap and easy to replace if it gets damaged and the reg starts to creep (and you can usually flip them over and get two uses out of a single sealing disc.) If the sealing surfaces get damaged on an FX regulator and it starts to creep you often have to change the piston, adjusting screw, or both.

I would stick with FX regulator for the external and on the fly adjustability if nothing else. They have been rock solid for me so really don't see any reason to change. 

I do have a Huma regulator in one of my guns and it doesn't just creep it permanently adjust itself up once a while, pisses me off to no end. When I contacted Huma about it all I got was some instructions and excuses. FX on the other hand sent me an entire regulator rebuild kit when I told them one of the oring leaked, it turned out it just needed some grease so now I have a rebuild kit in my parts bin for over a year and haven't need to use it at all. 

I obviously will not ever buy another Huma regulator but that's just my experience YMMV!

Have you ever considered the same rebuild and lube for the Huma? I have multiple Huma's and NO issues! but then again I take care of them.

Knife 

Have you ever considered the same rebuild and lube for the Huma? I have multiple Huma's and NO issues! but then again I take care of them.

Knife