• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HUMA Vulcan Gen 4 Tuning Pressure Regulator

Really works...

I have two Vulcans and two of Huub’s regulators, I have the new and old version.

The larger plenum has resulted in me setting the reg at 115, speed at 870ish FPS, valve tension half a turn CW from default and the hammer tuned 1/3 CCW from VMax.

I get an extra mag on the reg, so nine mags, oh, this is for 18 jsb .22.

The standard reg developed some creep after about 20k shots, due to the delrin seat developing a dent, I took the opportunity to try something different with the Huma, and even though I have repaired the delrin face and fully serviced the old reg as per Ernest and Robert Lane, the Huma is still in the gun!

One caveat, a reg tester is needed to properly set the reg for your gun, my gun is not a yard stick, I played with all pressures between 105 and 125, the balance of potential and output is different for everyone...

The Huma has markings as a guide only. If you are OCD, like me, then have Huub or someone qualified turn you a tester that has a Wika gauge.

jorgemac

I know it's not a Vulcan, but I was looking at this power tuned Edgun video and the difference in size of the Edgun regulator to the Huma was astounding?
Hard to believe that little sucker is as bad a$$ as it is? So, I can really see how you will have more air available after the change over to the Huma.

Fast forward about the 5:47 mark to see the two regulators compared.

thats marketing. how can you have larger volume plenum and at the same time more volume remaining from the original cylinder. i looked at the vulcan reg, cant see much difference in size/shape. the breath hole is where it is, there is very little to be gained. by the way there is nothing wrong with the original regulator.

as i read it, the output scale is also for guidance only, it still needs fine tuning. good luck

It’s pretty small...

99473a480c935817548d4c00169269e8.jpg

The constitution is similar but certain key areas are improved/refined/different...

Belleville washers are much larger, they are subsequently less in quantity, therefore the stack is significantly shorter.

The delrin sealing surface between the piston and knife edge is removable and reversible and very easily resurfaced.

The increase in plenum volume is about 16%, from 30 to 35mm, I think that the reduction in high pressure volume is negligible given the smaller reg.

Generally more plenum can allow either a reduced reg pressure or better efficiency at the standard pressure. Lower reg pressure means lower minimum shooting pressure, potentially more shots if tuned for the “knee”.

Lastly the HP side of the reg has a flow restrictor, I think to help with refresh, the LP side is propelling the pellet without HP air trying to refill the LP side. In semi-auto guns this may be a negative...