HUMA REGULATORS VS. FX REGULATORS FOR WILDCAT & STREAMLINE

I hooked up to the receiver to determine my regulated pressure. Looks to be set at 143bar according to my Crystal test gauge which should be on the money. Thanks for the links of the videos Chuck..
Jimmy

9318990eb6d7cc4e29639464c058a7b7.jpg

Hey Jimmy, Man that is one beautiful gauge! How much does something like that cost? If I had known about something like that I would have bought one to screw into my Wildcat bleeder hole, instead of trying to use those little tiny gauges... Which I was never sure 100% if they were giving me a correct reading or not. Which is why I went ahead and order one of the reg testers. Well I am totally digging that tester! I'm going to go on my computer right now and look that thing up. Thank you so very much Jimmy. All the best, Chuck

Yup they are high but that's why I use my "work" tools hehe! Kayakairgun, don't know if that would work since we'd be bypassing the plenum spacer. Seems like there would be too much air per shot. I could be wrong though. Interesting idea and it would also require a really good regulator on a supply tank.
Jimmy

Oh btw, any one make an aftermarket HS adjuster for the WC?

Hi guys,
Well, I joined Airgun Nation just because of this thread...

I have an FX Streamline and I love it. It hasn't been without some issues and I have learned a lot about airguns with this rifle, but... After thousands of shots with this, it's time... 

I am thinking I want to install one of these Huma regulars, but... I have questions that I just can't to seem to get answers on. And coming across this thread I thought I can find my answers. And with this tread about the FX Wildcat & Streamline, and there is a lot of great info and videos on the Wildcat, but... Great for the Wildcat.

Two things about the Streamline is, it isn't the same as the Wildcat as to the airtube disassembly and bleeding off pressure (I think. I'll have to double check now for a brass screw to loosen) - Yup, I just checked, ain't no brass bleeder...

According to FX and everything I have been able to find (which doesn't seem to be much for the Streamline), the Streamline's air tube is not "removable", yet Huma's vague instructions for the Streamline shows that you can remove it. OK?... Let alone, I have hunted Hi and Low on how to depressurize this thing. I even called the "store" I ordered this through (the "Depot", their answer - "shoot it until its empty". WHAAA?! REALLY?) Not to mention they where not very helpful with the couple "issues" right outta the box with this rifle. And I love to "tinker" so was able to fix the issues and learn (So much for the warranty).

This thread has lots of great info and respect for Huma and with some of the "things" I have come to learn with my Streamline... I want more from it.

OK, I admit it, I didn't read each and every one of the posts here. At first I was, but then started looking for posts more pertaining to the Streamline itself, and still not finding what I am looking for, well... Now I writing a long winded post here. So I am hoping to find some answers and learn from all of you with your experiences.

Thank you!

Hi Chuck and Happy New Year to you as well.

Thank you! Thank You! You have "shown me the way". LOL

I have the perfect set of Metric Wrenchs for this task at hand. From my days once upon a time as a bicycle machanic, I have a set of "cone wrenches" that are really thin and strong for the "bleeding".

With everything I have read about the Huma regulators, I am liking the idea of better consistency. Especially when pressure starts dipping below 180 or so. I notinced my accuracy starts to "open up" as the pressure gets lower. And when noticing this, I "top off" the pressure when it gets around 180 or so. That has been giving me 22 good shots before gettin' the hand pump out.

I have not been sorry for getting the Streamline. And I remember the first time I nailed one of my home made targets at 130 yards with this rifle (my "home made" targets - steel dog food cans painted neon orange. You can see 'em real good at distances) and drilled clean through the can (my best with this rifle - 152 yards with 15.89 JSB's). So I know the FX Streamline is very accurate. But now I would like to shoot 18 or 23gr JSB's and have a bit flatter power curve and a little more power.

May I ask another question of you, seeing that my Streamline is a 22, what would be a good starting point with the regulator?

Now with all the info in this tread, I feel I can "tune" my Streamline safely.

Thanks again,
Cary

Email to Huub at Huma:

Huub, What pressure, regulator setting, do you recommend I order, from you, for my 22 Streamline. Currently it seems to shoot JSB 18s the best and they chrony at 870. Although I wouldn't mind shooting them a bit faster, if they will still group well. Any suggestions? Thanks!

His response:

Hello Thomas,

I think 140 bar is a good starting point, from there you can do some fine tuning

All the best

Team Huma-Air

Huub

I would still like to hear Chuck's opinion

Thank you, Chuck... In the beginning, here, I did read what you wrote about adjusting the hammer spring, and no need in repeating. Once I have my new regulator and get the new chronograph I bought outta the box (my first chrony was a POS. What I get for buying "cheap") and the temps are above "FREEZING MY FREEKIN' BUTT OFF" here... In the mean time, I'll be studying the privious post here.

Thank you for your advice and wisdom.

Chuck, how accurate are the markings on the Huma? If I set mine to 120 will it be close to an actual 120 PSI?

It is 0 degrees here and I won't be shooting outside for a couple of months. For now I think I'll set it up close to stock pressure for my indoor shooting (which is done on low power anyway). I don't have a gauge but I do have a chrono to check things.

In March I'll try the 25 grains at 50 yards and if they are accurate I'll turn it up! I'd be happy at 880 FPS with those!